Thread: Help us choose: Cameo or Hyde Park (TAN & burnished) for H&M Greyson Recliner

Default Help us choose: Cameo or Hyde Park (TAN & burnished) for H&M Greyson Recliner

Hi folks --

We're looking for a hard wearing and nicely-aging "natural tanned looking" leather for our next piece. We're settled on the one-piece back H&M Greyson Recliner (1054), but still undecided between three (really two) leather choices.

Right now, it's between Hyde Park "Tan" or "Earth" (burnished), Cameo "Tan" (burnished) and possibly the stock(?) Equestrian Saddle. It seems the cameo is a more popular choice based only on the number of photos of it on this forum. We're especially looking for anything the might differentiate between the Cameo and Hyde Park, unless someone can really make a strong case for why the Equestrian is a better choice.

FWIW, we have a H&M Central Park sofa in the adjacent room in Aspen Tobacco and S & R nail heads, but the other furniture in the room with this new chair is upholstered in various fabrics. The sofa was our first H&M piece and it is in grade II protected leather (dogs & kids). This new chair will be my reading chair and I want something unprotected that will show some aging.

Thanks in advance!
    -Chris
    Last edited by rigormootis; 07-30-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Default Re: Help us choose: Cameo or Hyde Park (TAN & burnished) for H&M Greyson Recliner

Equestrian Saddle is dropped, no longer available. The Hyde Park and Cameo burnished series are so similar there is virtually no difference other than colors - so select based on that as there will be no performance differences. I think the burnished leathers are an excellent choice - I have several in my own home. Just watch out for sunlight UV fade and do the periodic cleaning/conditioning and they will age beautifully with lots of character and patina.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Help us choose: Cameo or Hyde Park (TAN & burnished) for H&M Greyson Recliner

Thank you, Sir!

On the aside, I found your old post about the "serviceability index" and noticed that the pictures show only the class (I - IV), but no info on "serviceability." Is there another chart that shows the serviceability ratings of various grade III unprotected leathers? (Or, are they all "serviceability 3", where some protected class III leathers might be "serviceability 2?")

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...r-Descriptions

Thanks again!

H&M has stopped doing that rating some time ago. I'm glad they did stop actually. Its not so much the leather type, its the owner.

1) Keep the piece out of direct sunlight.

2) Keep with the Leather Solutions Maintenance regimen every 6 months.

Do those two things and you have eliminated 85 to 90% of the issues I see with any leather cover.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.