Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock and moore leather sofa suggestion needed for a family with 8 kids

Default Hancock and moore leather sofa suggestion needed for a family with 8 kids

Hi! I was in a store today that sold Hancock and Moore as we're in need of a new sofa. I have 8 kids 15 years and younger, so really want leather for its durability. I also need a more affordable sofa as far as Hancock and Moore go as our budget is limited. I was AMAZED at how comfortable the Hancock and Moore leather sofas were!!!! I was looking at their promotional sofas mostly as they were more affordable. The West End Sofa caught my attention as being classic and crazy comfortable and close to 8 feet which is what I would prefer. I understand that the color for the promotion is Alberta Harness, which isn't my favorite but would be ok as I know my absolute dream sofa can happen someday when 8 kids aren't making life quite so messy. The price was around $3700ish I believe. Do you consider this sofa being my best bang for my buck as far as my needs go?

Other sofa I found for consideration is a 7 year old navy blue Hancock and Moore Kodiak sofa owned by an older widow off of craigslist for $1000, so that's of course in the back of my mind too. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29511236_804398043093034_1822437962226828423_n.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	11057

Thanks for an opinion.

Default Re: Hancock and moore leather sofa suggestion needed for a family with 8 kids

That would be a final price at that store and you should probably grab it (the West End) as they have taken that off the Just In Time Promotion in Alberta leather. So that's going to be a floor model.....

That Kodiak is an excellent piece and looks like it has low use. Get that - for $ 1K how can you go wrong? Even if you put it in the "kids room" it will last until the they are all out of the house.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock and moore leather sofa suggestion needed for a family with 8 kids

Thank you, drcollie, for the opinion. Sounds like they're both great options. Can you tell what color or type of leather is on the blue kodiak sofa?

Sorry, I cannot from a photo
    Duane Collie

That’s what I figured. Thanks!

That’s what I figured. Thanks!

Drcollie, on a different thread it was suggested that I ask the seller of the used blue sofa to ask her store for new cushion cores prior to selling. Would you agree? Does it look like sofa could use new cores from the photo? Is it a process for her to request new cores? Thanks. Kim

Those cores on the blue sofa are not in need of replacing.
    Duane Collie

I thought it looked in excellent shape, too. I’m seeing it tomorrow. Thanks!

So I saw the blue sofa today and absolutely loved it. It was in perfect shape. But my husband vetoed it because it wasn't 8 feet. What are my options in Hancock and Moore sofas at 8 feet length?