Thread: opinion needed on a 7year old Hancock and Moore Kodiak

Default opinion needed on a 7year old Hancock and Moore Kodiak

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29511236_804398043093034_1822437962226828423_n.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	11058
    Any opinion on this sofa? I'm looking at new and used Hancock and Moore leather sofas for my family with 8 kids. I came across this Kodiak Hancock and Moore sofa on craigslist. It is 7 years old and being sold by an older widow for $1000. Navy blue isn't my ultimate whatsoever but if it's super dark navy blue than it would be ok. Would you even consider a 7 year old used sofa? The condition looks good, but I have not seen it in person yet. I did recently sit on a West End style Hancock and Moore leather sofa and found that crazy comfortable but not sure if the kodiak is similar or not. Thanks for any and all opinions!!!

Default Re: opinion needed on a 7year old Hancock and Moore Kodiak

I think $1,000 might be a tad too much used but I don't know your local market and how much a dollar is worth is different for everyone. If they will get the cushion cores replaced (free from H&M if they are the original owner) and you like it and otherwise good condition, offer $800 or $900 and see what happens.

So the original owner can ask for new cushion inserts without a specific need for them free? How hard of a process would that be for the seller? Do the cushion inserts here look worn? Thanks for the opinion Danw99. I was probably going to try to offer a little less.

No they don't look too worn, like there isn't significant puddling or denting on the back (although you won't know the true condition until you go see it). However it is 7 years old and this is the only time you will be able to do it for free, those cores from H&M are expensive otherwise! Use your best judgement, when you go see it try them all out and see how worn or flat they feel to you and decide from there.

The owner has to go through their original purchasing dealer to do it. You could offer an extra $50 if you think it is needed and they are willing to do the extra steps. Better than spending $600 on cores in a year or two. Some sellers are willing to do it with a sweetener, some won't.

Thank you again for your opinion. I’m seeing it tomorrow. Here’s hoping I like it!