Thread: New City Sofa

Default Re: New City Sofa

I cannot believe it took this long for you to get your sofa. Something was seriously messed up at your selling dealer to result in this long a lead time to get a Just In Time program piece. That's too bad - I can tell you with 99.9 % certainty this was not a factory issue resulting in that long a lead time.

Delivery companies throw out the informational packets that comes with the pieces. - they almost never make it with the piece. I have fought that battle for twenty years to no avail. H&M won't tag it onto the piece, they are loose - and they get pitched. Your selling dealer can get you a replacement upon request.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks, Duane. They emailed me the information. I will upload a picture eventually since I don't think I have seen one with the black nickel nails on here before, just in case any else is wondering how they look on the sofa.

I am still on the fence about the Leather Solutions stuff for a protected leather. They recommend it for unprotected leathers, but the only thing they say about the protected leathers is "DO NOT use saddle soap, polish, wax or any cleaning agents other than
    a mild Ivory soap and water solution. The use of any cleaning substance other than a mild Ivory soap and water solution will
    negate any warranties from the leather tannery." This seems to say you cannot or should not use them. I would like to give it a little protection against fading from the sun and drying out and cracking of the leather, though, if it is OK to do so, since it is in front of an east facing window and baseboard heat. I will keep drapes closed in the morning, and I do pull it away from the wall in winter, but a little extra protection would be nice. I ust wish they didn't explicitly say DO NOT use anything except Ivory soap and water.

LOL, your call on that.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.