Hi All:
I recently posted in the Leather Upholstery forum that we are looking for a sofa and a loveseat to replace our 24-year-old bustle back leather sofa/loveseat in our TV room, but I am posting more info here thinking it may be a better forum for my sofa style/comfort questions. Thanks to those who responded. Since my original post, I have done some more shopping and sitting and further research as to what models might work for our situation, and the more I look the more I am attracted to different styles and leathers--totally different than when I started this venture. I now have some more specific questions that I am hoping some of you can answer to help fill in the gaps regarding the ones I haven't seen or sat in.

I would prefer the sofa to be around 80-86 inches long, but will consider those up to about 89 inches. Overall depth shouldn't be over about 42 inches ideally. We also need a love seat, but I understand that Hancock and Moore can modify sofas and create loveseats even if the style isn't shown in their catalog (for an upcharge), so I don't want to limit my options to only those with loveseats offered. I am 5'3" and my husband is 5'9", though we have 6-ft tall sons who don't live with us, but visit occasionally. Our style is generally traditional but can go towards transitional in this room. This is for an upstairs TV area, not the main living areas downstairs, so it doesn't have to be showy, but I prefer the style to be something we could conceivably use in other areas of our home should we move later, i.e. either classic or trendy, but not overly poufy or pub-looking. However, comfort is still very important as we use this daily.

Our current sofa, which we find very comfortable, is very similar to the #8134NB Austin. Although it's very comfortable, we were hoping to get something with a different look this time around. We were able to sit in the #1724 Journey Sofa, and although the specs suggest it might be too deep of a seat for my small frame, I thought I had died and gone to heaven it was so comfy! The problem is that I really don't like the loose, wrinkly leather arms that are big and puffy and sag down the side of the sofa. Just looks too bulky and old-fashioned for my house. (I will post more questions on these in a separate thread.)

I love the classic style of the Bradley, and we are currently waiting to hear back on an estimate from Duane and H&M for the modification charge for the Bradley loveseat. However, I have not had the opportunity to sit in it and I'm also afraid the cost to modify the sofa into a loveseat size will be a gigantic sticker shock. So, just in case we find that model won't work for us, in the meantime we've added some other options to the list. I'm looking for feedback on these sofas, primarily in terms of comfort and head support. Duane, you commented somewhere on the forum a long while back that the Bradley was a nice-sitting sofa--do you think it would be a good fit option for us?

I was initially considering the Your Way sofa, the #9840 City Sofa, and the #1944 Bradley sofa, mainly based on size, seat depth, and sofa style. To be honest, I was concentrating so much on seat height and depth that I didn't pay enough attention to the back height. After sitting in the standard depth Your Way sofa over the weekend, I found it lacking in styling, head support and back cushion height. The specs say it is 36 inches tall, but the actual frame back was only about 30" and the cushions on the one I saw were probably 33-34 inches high at most. That's why I'm trying to find out more info on these other models I'm considering as I can't count on the specs in the catalog. I know there's no way to factor in pitch and back comfort from a photo, but unfortunately we just don't have that many sofas around here to sit it and we already made a 360-mile round trip to a store trying to sit in as many as we could. By head support, I mean that the cushions don't have to come up all the way behind our head, but I want something that doesn't leave our head totally unsupported if we lean back.

Here are the other sofas we are considering:

1) #9840 Small City Sofa. I am not as wild about this style as some of the models, but don't want to rule it out. Does this model provide enough height in the back cushions for head support when leaning back to watch TV or do they feel short? Could someone please provide the actual height of the back frame, not just the cushion height, so I can compare it to the Your Way, which is one of the few sofas I saw?

2) #5635 Anderson Sofa--The back frame is taller than the cushions suggesting it would provide more support--anyone know how this one sits and does it have a comfortable pitch and head support for TV viewing? Would have to get a loveseat modification bid.

3) #5736-3 Martini Sofa--Looks interesting to me, and would look great in the Hyde Park leathers we are considering. Several on the forum said it's comfortable. The specs on the seat look fine, but I'm wondering about head and back support. Would have to get a loveseat modification bid out

4) #1283 Campaign Sofa and #1282 Loveseat. Same question--does this model provide enough height in the back cushions for head support when leaning back to watch TV? Could someone please provide the actual height of the back frame, not just the cushion height?

5) The #9503 Kodiak looks comfy and has a higher back, but at it's getting a little long for our space. I suspect it may be too massive of a sofa for our size. Any feedback on this one?

Thanks everyone for your input! We are convinced Hancock and Moore is the way to go so we are trying diligently to find the right selection with a balance of style and comfort, preferably before the August sale runs out