Thread: How do you like this live-edge bar height table?

Default How do you like this live-edge bar height table?

I was on the fence about buying this one-of-a-kind table while at the High Point Market. I really like the live edge and resin-filled section on it, and the center has thick tempered glass. Maple top, worked steel base on sawhorses. They will give me a special price on the floor model since they don't want to particularly haul it home to Canada, but I have to buy it tomorrow, last day of the Market and have it shipped to my store. There is a LOT of work in this unit, its quite unique. Question for all here:

1) Do you like it? Its 59" x 36" and would accomodate (4) bar stools

2) Would you pay $ 4,199 for it ? Because that is what the selling price would be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8425.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	11254
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: How do you like this live-edge bar height table?

Dropped in to see if there were more cool pictures from market and you didn't disappoint. Love the top and really dislike the base. Sadly, would not pay $4,199 with that base.

Eeeek! I don't like it and would not pay $4,199 for the table. I would like the table more if the top was round with a completely different and complementary base. As is, a bit too industrial for me. Sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.

I think it is a pass for me, too. I like the live edge and resin-filled areas, but don't care for the sawhorse base. The wood/metal/industrial vibe is an aesthetic I enjoy, in general, but here it seems an awkward and difficult to use shape given the length, base, and height. Is it the right height for standard bar stools? It looks like the bar stool pictured next to it is too tall, but that might be perspective.

Given the price (which seems high, but not outlandish), I think it would take a very specific buyer and might be tough to move from a sales perspective. I think if it were chair-height, rather than bar stool-height that it would be an easier sell. But what do I know.

Agree with the others, I don't like the base, but I don't live in an industrial minimalist loft either. I think a certain type of buyer would like it, but from what I know of your store I am not sure how much crossover there is with your regular clientele!