Thread: Century Cornerstone or Stickley

Default Century Cornerstone or Stickley

I have been searching for the right sofa for over a year now. I have some specific requirements due to tall family members. I am looking for a great sofa in quality and have narrowed it down to Century or Stickley due to their ability to customize and hopefully the quality also. I need an inside width of no less than 80", total height no less than 38", inside depth prefer 24-25". Im thinking I will go with spring down cushions. Has anyone purchased from the Century Cornerstone group or Stickley? Im curious as to whether one seems better than another. Also, if there are any other suggestions for where to look to get the size requirements I need, I would love to hear. I prefer fabric over leather.

Default Re: Century Cornerstone or Stickley

I would look at Hancock and Moore, too, and I am sure Duane will second that. They are pretty good about customizing, so if you see a sofa you like, they will probably be able to make it deeper for you. I have looked at sofa heights for the opposite reason, because I can't have one too tall, and most of H&M's were taller than I could use. They are mostly known for their leather though. Were you looking for fabric? You can't really get better quality than H&M, but both Century and Stickly are good. They just aren't quite as good. That was first pointed out to me at my local Stickley Store by the Stickley salesperson, lol. They sell of coarse sell both and she felt the H&M was better quality.

But boy, 38" is high. The H&M Granville sofa is 41". Is that too high? You might want to just find a sofa you love and see if they could make a litter higher or deeper. Most are at least 36" high anyway.

The highlands sofa is 37.5" high and 87 wide inside. that is pretty darn close.

The Settlement sofa has a height of 39" and an inside width of 80.5" and an inside depth of 29"

The 4717 Sundance would meet your requirements all around. And it is available as a promotional piece is some leathers I think, but it might be a little smaller. The Sundance sectional is beautiful and the Sudance series seems to be very popular on the forum.
    Last edited by SueCT; 10-23-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Default Re: Century Cornerstone or Stickley

I'm a Century and Hancock & Moore dealer, not for Stickley however. I don't think you will really go wrong with any brand, they're all upper-end. Rather buy on style and covers available. The comfort / durability is really going to be very close on all. There are quite a few sofas that will meet the height / length requirement, that larger depth is a bit trickier. If you are going with a fabric cover, I'd probably (myself) go with Taylor King. Start out here and you may be able to get what you want without a custom (or close to it). Plush Depth should do it. In selected Portfolio fabrics, these have great price points.

https://www.taylorking.com/PDF/Category/21.PDF
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.