Thread: Quality Bed Brands?

Default Quality Bed Brands?

Any reccomendations for quality beds? My wife and I are looking for a new king size bed for ourselves. Any comments on the construction quality of Vanguard beds or Taylor King TaylorMade beds? Vanguard beds are put together with metal brackets, per their email, which from what I gather from reading here, is less than ideal. We prefer an upholstered bed, but I would like to get something with good underlying build quality if possible.

Thanks-

Ben

Default Re: Quality Bed Brands?

I purchased a Knickerbocker Embrace bed frame from a local dealer and then bought an upholstered headboard. The bed frame is totally silent. I made the switch from a locally made sleigh bed because I gained nearly an entire foot of space in my bedroom just by changing. Not an expensive setup but dead quiet which is what my initial goal was. The added room was a nice bonus.

For upholstered beds, the best made ones I have come across are from Century. They will be more pricey than Taylor King or Vanguard, however their build is impressive.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks for the recommendation, they do have some nice looking beds. Do you deal in Century beds? It looks like there is some customization in the wood finishes I am guessing, from the website. Can you get alternate fabrics for the upholstery, or is it just what is shown? Apologies if I'm asking questions you dont know the answers to.

Yes, I am a dealer for Century. The fabrics available are in the thousands and the finishes - at least fifty. Century caters to the Designer trade so there are many choices. Their beds are more expensive and very heavy than others, too. My delivery guys really complain when they have to deliver one.

Wood finishes here: A Group is the entry level and they get more costly as the alpha characters progress: https://www.centuryfurniture.com/finish-list.aspx

Fabrics here - click on "show only fabrics with images". As the numeric grade increases so does the price. https://www.centuryfurniture.com/fabrics.aspx

You would want to use the website to make a list of fabrics to request samples for, and wood finishes. I don't recommend buying off a photo. You can also use fabrics from Hancock & Moore, Jessica Charles and Taylor King. Lots to choose from.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

6. Default Re: Quality Bed Brands?

I can recommend IKEA king size beds. Ours is about 15 years old now, and still going strong. We've got 2 single mattresses on it - mine is firm, and OH's is medium. That way when either tosses and turns it doesn't disturb the other so much - just wish it would muffle OH's snores as well!

We got a mattress topper so that the crack in the middle was covered, makes it more comfy too. But after an unfortunate accident a few years ago (too long a story for here) we had to get rid of it, now we just use an an old duvet under the bottom sheet.

I think the bed has done us very well, as I commonly spend up to 15 hours a day in bed, so it's had a lot more wear than most folks beds get.

I don't know if they do them with drawers in a divan base, ours has those open draws on wheels from IKEA, though I have to say I'm not so happy with those as everything gets incredibly dusty and I haven't got around to doing something about it. After 15 years!

My parents bought a mattress same time as I did mine, 5 years ago.

But their mattress has got extra back support, so the coils are stronger in the mid section.

I paid about $500 and they paid $1000

Theirs is still like new. Mine is already hollow in the middle. In the morning when I wake I have to get up. If I snooze too long my back starts to ache.

I'm planning to buy a new bed in about a month or 2 from now and would be glad if someone give me piece of advice on the models represented here:
    https://www.talkaboutsleep.com/best-bed-frame-for-sex/
    Last edited by simplicity; 02-20-2019 at 09:34 PM.