Thread: Hancock and Moore repair question

Default Hancock and Moore repair question

Hello, my first post!

I have a Weymuth Tufted chair (9774) and Ottoman (9687), purchased in 2000 from a dealer not in business anymore.

Love the chair and ottoman, however finished in unprotected leather and one large area was stained years ago with body oils and leather has deteriorated on arm. Not just worn but very unsightly.

I have read in the past that Hancock and Moore will recover if returned to them, how is the best way to contact the department that does the repairs?

Kyser

Default Re: Hancock and Moore repair question

On a chair that is 18-years-old, it's going to be VERY difficult to match the hide, if not impossible. H&M does not attempt to restore the leather, they replace it, so it has to be a leather still in inventory (doubtful). What is the name of the leather used on the chair? Photos would be helpful. What is the damaged area of the chair? If the seat cushion then the casing can be shipped rather than returning the entire chair. H&M does not re-upholster the entire chair as a rule, they will do repairs to specific segments. You may be better off sending it the Leather Solutions International in Asheville NC where they can often remove much of the soiling stain (but not all). Without knowing and seeing the specific damage its hard to direct you. However, you now see the importance of doing regular cleaning and conditioning of the hides which prevents such damage.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.