Thread: Jim Adams, Delivery Man for The Keeping Room locally....

Default Jim Adams, Delivery Man for The Keeping Room locally....

Any of you that are local to my store and have had a delivery - probably Jim was one of the team that brought it to you. He's a big 6' 4" guy, over 300 lb and strong as a bull, you can't miss him, and he has a great New Yorker sense of humor and is super-careful with the furniture. Plus he is as honest as the day is long. Jim just sent me a text this evening, he's had a heart attack over the weekend and is recovering - and he's just 47-years-old. He says he will probably miss the deliveries we are doing this Saturday! Yeah, I think so....

I know a lot of you like Jim so I wanted to let you know. I wish him a speedy recovery of course and hope he can return to do local deliveries for us.
    Last edited by drcollie; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:06 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Default Re: Jim Adams, Delivery Man for The Keeping Room locally....

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Any of you that are local to my store and have had a delivery - probably Jim was one of the team that brought it to you. He's a big 6' 4" guy, over 300 lb and strong as a bull, you can't miss him, and he has a great New Yorker sense of humor and is super-careful with the furniture. Plus he is as honest as the day is long. Jim just sent me a text this evening, he's had a heart attack over the weekend and is recovering - and he's just 47-years-old. He says he will probably miss the deliveries we are doing this Saturday! Yeah, I think so....

I know a lot of you like Jim so I wanted to let you know. I wish him a speedy recovery of course and hope he can return to do local deliveries for us.

Duane - Please give Jim our best wishes. He took such great care delivering H&M works of art through tight doors. We greatly appreciated his help and hope he recovers fully. Wendy

I shall, Wendy, thank you.

Jim had a 100% blockage of his left side Carotid artery and flat-lined twice before they revived and stabilized him, he told me yesterday. The ER docs said that only 10% survive that kind of heart attack, its usually fatal and one they refer to as "The Widowmaker". He got home yesterday and is going to completely change his lifestyle and exercise and start eating healthy now. He's got his second chance and he knows it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Wow. Please encourage Jim to work with a nutritionist. The definition of healthy eating changes over time! I highly recommend Cheryl Mirabella in Alexandria.