Thread: “Closer to the Wall” H&M Reclining Sofa and Recliner Models (not “Your Way”)

Default “Closer to the Wall” H&M Reclining Sofa and Recliner Models (not “Your Way”)

The H&M Your Way chairs and sofas are REALLY comfortable.

However, their Your Way pieces just don’t approach the beauty and style of many of their other models.

Are there any H&M reclining sofas or chairs that can go “closer” to the wall than others?

Thanks, Steve

Default Re: “Closer to the Wall” H&M Reclining Sofa and Recliner Models (not “Your Way”)

You are correct in your assessment, Steve. The Your Way Program, because it's built on a comman chassis, doesn't have the same artistic "flow" in design lines as the more unique stand-alone models. On the plus side however, they do have the articulating headrests which the others do not, so that's a major plus as its a nice feature.

Any of the Old School dual recliner sofas such as the Austin series use a conventional mechanism instead of the wall-hugger style used in the newer ones, and those older design units have to stand off the wall around 9" and have the unsightly "Cut" lines when viewed from the back. The newer units are wall huggers and need 2.5" to 3" clearance for maximum recline. Campaign, Sundance, Journey, Your Way are all newer designs with the wall-hugger mechanisms, for example
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: “Closer to the Wall” H&M Reclining Sofa and Recliner Models (not “Your Way”)

Duane, do the newer style HM wall hugger reclining sofas look decent from the back?

Yes they do. They do not have "Cut outs" in the back like the older style units. The recliners more forward in the chassis when put in motion.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...cument+tobacco
    Duane Collie

[QUOTE=drcollie;38059]Yes they do. They do not have "Cut outs" in the back like the older style units. The recliners more forward in the chassis when put in motion.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...cument+tobacco[/QUOTE

Does this sofa fully recline? I want one that reclines farther back than just the tilt-back or incline styles. What is the price for this sofa in grade 1 leather? I have read and researched a lot on your forum and I really have found it to be very educational!! Thank you for sharing all of your knowledge!!

The full recline is shown in the 5th photo posted, it goes all the way back like a conventional recliner of years past. None of them go "flat out" like a bed, but this one cycled in its most reclined position is good enough to sleep in. H&M runs promotional specials in certain leathers on this series, see the YOUR WAY PROMOTIONAL post under LEATHERS for a list. I'm not allowed to post prices here on the forum, you have to send in a request (and specify a cover) under QUOTES and ORDERS to get a price.
    Duane Collie

Thank you!! I will investigate those options. I really enjoy your forum and I have learned so much from just perusing the posts. I bought a Hancock and Moore recliner 24 years ago. I had no idea what I was buying. I was a young lady furnishing my first home and I fell in love with it on the sales floor. It has been through 4 moves, a child, and 5 dogs. It has held up beautifully!! I took care of it and we didn't abuse it but the dogs always wanted to sit in it. I don't know why dogs seem to pick the best furniture to lounge on. LOL Thank you again for the information and the forum!!