Thread: Help with Leather Choice

Default Help with Leather Choice

After months of searching, I think we have found a sofa! We sat in a Redford and my husband and I both fell in love with it! It is a beautiful sofa! Now the even more difficult task...choosing a leather. We have been looking at grays/beiges but seem to be leaning toward the grays. Juno Dove is a top contender. Coast Smoke is another as well as Piazza Griege and Hutton Slate and Hutton Putty. Duane has been so helpful in answering questions. We ordered samples and once we have it narrowed down to a couple, we will ask for dealer size samples to further help with our selection. The Redford is part of the Just in Time program and we could order it in Juno Taupe...at significant savings. However taupes can come in many shades. Those who have seen the Juno Taupe, would you say it is more brown/tan...do you see any gray? I have the small sample but it is difficult to tell. I will be requesting a larger sample but in the meantime I thought I would ask for feedback here. Any thoughts on the leathers I have mentioned...thoughts on what would look good on the Redford? (Knowing that personal taste/preference weighs heavily). Thanks to everyone for the valuable input and guidance offered in this forum!

Default Re: Help with Leather Choice

I have a floor model on order of the 6543-2 Redford Sofa and have built it with JIT Juno Taupe, Black Pearl Nails, Putty wood finish and Ultra Down Seat and Back. Should be here next month.

Its tough to make a recommendation as you know the pallete you want to work in your home. Juno is a decent leather however, and I suspect my floor model will be sold relatively quickly.

Keep in mind the clock is ticking on all cut and sewn covers (Just in Time) and in 6 weeks the 25 % Federally Mandated tariff goes into place. The price is going to explode on these. This is very real, and it's coming.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I have a 18month old recliner in Hutton Ebony that I am very happy with. The leather looks great with daily use of the chair. I know you're not looking for a black leather, but I've been very happy with the Hutton choice.

Thank you Petepie!
    Such a difficult decision! I appreciate your input!