Thread: Discontinued Century Sofa, Jasper Model (cat. # LTD7222-2)

Default Discontinued Century Sofa, Jasper Model (cat. # LTD7222-2)

I have an opportunity to purchase this Century sofa slightly used on Craigslist, but am having a hard time finding any info on it. It is the "Jasper" model from Century's Home Elegance Collection. Because this particular model was discontinued, Century CSR had either very little or else confusing info about it, and a Boyle's rep told me that she wouldn't be able to help either if the model was discontinued (even though they are currently listing the Jasper chair on their site - why in the world would you be selling merchandise you can't provide info about?)

To complicate matters, the Home Elegance catalog in which the Jasper appears states that "most" frames are 8-way hand tied and that "most" joints are double-dowelled and corner blocked (the CSR I got a hold of from Century told me the joints were glued and stapled? that seemed weird). The most Century was able to tell me definitively is that the frame is not solid wood construction but rather kiln-dried maple plywood.

Posting here in case somebody has some more info. I know the Keeping Room is a Century dealer, so hopefully this was the right place to come with this question. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CenturySofa1.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	11348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CenturySofa2.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	11349