Thread: Bradington Young on Wayfair

Default Bradington Young on Wayfair

I'm in the market to pick up a BY Ward sofa and came across wayfair selling the same piece at about 10% cheaper than stores. Has anyone had experience purchasing custom made items from wayfair? Is it worth the extra money to purchase from a brick-mortar store? There's 1 store near me that carries BY, but some of the things the saleslady said worried me such as: spring down cushions would be $40 more (To my knowledge, it already comes with spring down cushions) and that leather grades were the same and weren't much different from each other. From your personal experience, which seat cushion is the most comfortable (I also have a habit of sleeping on the couch)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

https://www.bradington-young.com/war...setcrumbs=true
    Last edited by silabc; 11-24-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Default Re: Bradington Young on Wayfair

There are a couple of threads that discuss buying local or long distance, here's two of them:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...What-to-Expect

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...r-via-Internet

Your local salesperson is not well-versed in the B-Y Line. Spring Down cushion cores were standardized across the bulk of the B-Y line about two years ago. While not every piece has them, most do and there is not an upcharge for it. All she has to do is go look at her price book as it tells the default core, and I would suggest you stay with that cushion core.

Prices are set by individual dealers and will very considerably. That sofa you are looking at for example, sells for $ 2,623 (Cash/Check Price, credit cards add 3%) from my store + delivery fees to wherever you are located. Wayfair has that sofa for $ 2,940 with free shipping. That's a good price, but you have to ask what shipping company are they using? There is absolutely no way you will have that in a couple of days as they allude to on their website, because the sofas are not stocked at B-Y and have to be made (4 - 5 weeks) and delivery companies are not like Amazon Prime. The better ones will deliver in 2-3 weeks, the economy ones 4 to 8 weeks. Good luck in whatever you decide.
    Last edited by drcollie; 11-24-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Wow thank you Duane for your prompt response! I understand your PM's are turned off, could I ask how much shipping (the couch only linked above) would be to Los Angeles, CA (90013)? I also saw on your site that sales tax won't be charged for out-of-state purchases and since you're extremely knowledgeable and passionate about your craft, it'll be advantageous to purchase directly from you. Would it be better to call your directly?

Store is closed until Tuesday, but certainly you may always call. I do forum posts and emails nearly 24/7 however.

My preferred carrier is Sun Delivery, they are by far the most professional and quickest. And, they always answer their phone. With a terminal in Las Vegas NV, they have a quick turn around of about 2.5 to 3 weeks once picked up at Bradington Young. They are also more costly with a sofa coming in at $ 592. Option 2 that I have is via West Express. They will come in at $ 370. However West will be 5 to 7 weeks to get to you. They rarely answer their phone, and damages are more aggravating if they occur than with Sun. You can also select any carrier of your choosing if you prefer another. Those are both in-home delivery services and that old adage "you get what you pay for" rings true with delivery companies.

Correct,no sales tax collected outside of Virginia. Note that my price quoted is a cash/check price, credit cards add 3 %. Thanks...
    Duane Collie

I am looking at the BY Ward sofa too - online pictures look good. Do you have it or it's chair on your floor?
    Thank you.

Sorry, I do not have that series as a floor model.
    Duane Collie