Thread: Recliner model recommended for 5’4 and shrinking female?

Question Recliner model recommended for 5’4 and shrinking female?

So I bought the Sadler by Hamilton and Moore recliner and it’s wonderful but truth be told when you’re not reclining the head rest pushes your head forward, probably because I’m not 5’6. So I have read your forum post and I wondered what your recommendation was for a recliner for a woman 5 foot six, love the smooth reclining action on the Sadler, wouldn’t be bad if it was able to hug the wall, if you doesn’t it’s not a dealbreaker.

I don’t know much about the different brands. I had sat on the Hamilton Moore in a second hand shop and liked it and had sought it out for that purpose. I do not have a fancy house at all but I was intrigued by the Château blue that you got on a discount, but I am sure it’s long gone by now.

I am located closest to San Antonio and our selection of stores for furniture is not as robust as anywhere else especially along the East Coast. So the ability to try before you buy a variety of brands and configurations is not realistic here. In that vein I would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations you have.

Default Re: Recliner model recommended for 5’4 and shrinking female?

In you title of your post you say 5' 4", however the main body of your post says 5' 6". That 2" can make a bit of a difference. I was instrumental in getting Hancock & Moore to make the first ladies size recliner, and they call it the Script. That's probably the one I would recommend you try - most certainly the Sadler you have now is far too large for you. Heres the Script on the Forum:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ghlight=script
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.