I apologize if this isn't the type of question you want asked in this forum, but I've been all over to stores and on the internet and I'm stuck. I can't find answers.

My wife and I are looking to replace our La-Z-Boy couch, recliner and loveseat we purchased just 4 years ago. We've been very disappointed as they wore out very quick. They were not cheap at the time, and with power recliners and a decent polyester finish, we expected more life out of them. However, all of the support in the seat and back is gone where we typically sit. The rest is like new.

We're looking to purchase a sectional to replace it. We have a max of 8' along the short wall and 14' along the longer wall. My wife really likes the Flexsteel Rhapsody (of the Latitude line) since we sat in it. It's a little stiff for me, but with pretty bad lower back problems, it's likely what I need and I'd get used to it. Her complaint is that it's stiff when laying down. For the 6 pieces we're looking at (right facing recliner, console, wedge, two armless recliners and a left facing recliner) it's at $5,200 + extended warranty for fabric damage (another $150 for 10 years).

This isn't the worst price. I'll pay that for something we're in love with and we think will last for years. But after looking around online I'm finding a lot of issues with these. They have the look we're after (very simple, tight lines and corners, not over stuffed, very sleek). I like the power recliner and I think I can deal with it for the most part if it was durable.

All I hear from the salespeople is that "this is very popular and we sell tons of them." They also brag about the entire steel construction (which I found out means just the recliner portion, even though they said all of it is steel) and how amazing the bluespring construction is.

If these are as bad as I am hearing they are, are there any tips for others that are similar to this style from a better manufacturer? Again, the look is ideal for us. Perhaps a little more give in the cushion would be better, as laying on it would be more comfortable. But we want the completely flat cushions so you can lay lengthwise along the couch and power recliners.

Thanks!