Thread: Considering purchasing Palliser sofa/sleeper online

Webfeet Guest

Default Considering purchasing Palliser sofa/sleeper online

I have been reading your forum for sometime, trying to find an answer without posting. Oh well, here goes...
    I have been to all the local furniture stores, and combed the internet looking for a sofa and sleeper that I like. Space restrictions in my den have propelled me to the Shanti which is a part of the Horizons group by Palliser. Problem is that no one around here carries any Palliser. Consequently, I have not sat or seen any Palliser sofas in person. I do like the way the Shanti looks, its very similar to some (that are too large) I have seen that I like. I am in south Arkansas and the nearest Palliser dealer is 250 miles away. He doesn't have the Shanti pieces in stock for me to try out.
    What quality is Palliser's sofas and sleepers? What about their leathers? The group has #77715 associated with it. I have ordered some leather samples, but I am leaning toward the Classic Chessnut, grade 2000, aniline plus top grain leather, which is on the lower end of the leather line, but is supposedly very durable and easy to clean. I have pets and grandkids!

The best price I have recieved for both a sofa and sofa sleeper in this group is $2800.00 for the 2 pieces. This is from TheLeatherShoppe.com online store. The company has A+ rating with BBBonline site. This is delivered.
    If I purchase the Shanti pieces, ( your opinions will affect my decision), do I need the extended warranty? Its another couple hundred dollars. $2800.00 is a lot for me, and I would like for the furniture to last and look good at least 10 years, if not longer. Any input is appreciated. Thanks, Jan

Default Re: Considering purchasing Palliser sofa/sleeper online

All I can advise is to not purchase any extended warranty for any reason on any piece. Good furniture doesn't need it, and on bad furniture you'll never get paid what you expect from the warranty. Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Webfeet Guest

Duane, thank you for your input. At least, I will not waste money on an extended warranty. Do you know anyone, forum, or website that can help me with my questions about Palliser? I usually get tired of furniture within 10 years, so I am not looking for a lifetime purchase. However, I would like quality better than Lane, Lazyboy, etc. Again, thanks. Jan

Steve Oster used to post here before his store went under and he was a Palliser dealer and knew the brand well. Do a search here for that name and you might find some of his old posts. He used to say it was a good brand for the money......Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Webfeet Guest

Thanks, I will do.

Jayme Guest

I see this post is a few years old, so I hope you're still reading this forum! Did you buy the Palliser? Did you like it?