Thread: Need Help and Guidance

Default Need Help and Guidance

Hi All,

I'm new to the furniture game and needs some help and guidance. My wife and I have found some nice pieces from Hooker Furniture and Jessica Charles and I fully appreciate they cost a decent amount of money to make in comparison to your basic furniture stores that pump out volume but lack in quality and you end up in the store every couple years! That's been me the earlier part of my adult life! I classify that

My question is related to pricing and all the horror stories you hear on line about markups and a price is never a price. There seems to be little to know transparency like you see when you buy a car these days via True Car...etc

When quoted a price, I just want to make sure I'm getting a good fair deal. What is the best way to find that out?

Default Re: Need Help & Guidance

Prices are set by the individual dealer and will vary greatly. I would say that generally - very generally - appx half of MSRP is a pretty good deal for you on everyday items at brick and mortar store. A little less on mail order however there will be delivery fees.

Freight rates have climbed dramatically the past 12 to 18 months due to the trucker personnel shortage and so have credit card fees (due to all those "Rewards" cards out there). For your best price, expect to pay via check/cash (not a debit card, they carry fees).

Be cautious on "Free Shipping" from internet sellers. Some of the companies they use to deliver "for free" are the worst furniture handlers in the business and can result in a very frustrating buying experience for you. The lowest price is not always the best deal.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Need Help & Guidance

thank you! Appreciate the full front to back color on the process.