I just moved from Dallas and now reside in Southern California. I am a novice when it comes to furniture. I looked at several department stores before I found this forum, and because of it am considering a HM purchase. I have 3 kids 6 years old and under, and my kids are as active as you can imagine, so I expect spills and accidents.

My wife likes to rest her head on the sofa without slouching, and so anything under 38 inches is out of the question. We are of course price conscious as well. A local stores, Feddes, has both BY and HM, but my wife fell in love with HM the moment she sat on one. Her favorite is the Sundance, but the costs are a little too prohibitive at this time. We are looking at the September as an alternative. Also, my wife wants a leather that is durable for the kids, in a chocolate or dark brown without any red, but won't be confused for black. With the above info, are there any suggestions in terms of leather choices? Would the September be appropriate?

I enjoy this board immensely, and am looking forward to interacting with you in the future. Thanks for the help in advance.