Thread: Have you ever had anyone order the furniture like this?

Default Have you ever had anyone order the furniture like this?

We are narrowing down our choices (BY) and are looking at all leather for a sofa, loveseat, recliner, chair and ottoman. We are feeling that it is a bit too much leather and ends up looking like what we have currently. We are thinking about changing the chair and ottoman and doing dual recliners instead (they will be next to each other) but in a fabric or different leather color leather. Perhaps a lighter version in the same color family. We are thinking of putting a cocktail ottoman or even a coffee table in front of the sofa instead BUT it would be the corresponding color of the 2 recliners. Have you every had anyone order like this? Just trying to break up the color a bit. I noticed BY fabrics are pretty...ugh...not fabulous. Thanks as always!

Default Re: Have you ever had anyone order the furniture like this?

I've been a B-Y dealer now for over thirty years and have never once sold their motion products in a fabric, they have been 100% leather due to the high wear rate of fabric material from friction in motion furniture. I don't even have the B-Y fabric samples. like you said they are ugly, cheap and if you go fabric, then go C.O.M. custom.

If you decide to go with a fabric material, then my recommendation would be to put it on the stationary pieces like the sofa or loveseat, I'd keep it off the reclining pieces myself.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I've been a B-Y dealer now for over thirty years and have never once sold their motion products in a fabric, they have been 100% leather due to the high wear rate of fabric material from friction in motion furniture. I don't even have the B-Y fabric samples. like you said they are ugly, cheap and if you go fabric, then go C.O.M. custom.

If you decide to go with a fabric material, then my recommendation would be to put it on the stationary pieces like the sofa or loveseat, I'd keep it off the reclining pieces myself.
    Have you ever done 2 different color leathers within a set? For instance the recliner in a lighter version within the same brown family? So chair, ottoman, sofa and loveseat in a medium brown and the recliner in a beige? Just trying to break up the all leather one color look

Oh sure, I do that all the time for customers - its quite common.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.