Thread: Help with Taylor King Sizing and Entry Way

Default Help with Taylor King Sizing and Entry Way

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7E4BD04A-4532-4497-BF4F-C01DD10B2354.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	11647Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AD5E0EF-0480-4CAB-80D8-CC23D34B5F77.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	11644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4B4E76E-F3FE-4071-AB9C-25DC6C7E763B.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	11645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8907DCDC-3979-44C0-AB58-77FFD8BD93C0.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	11646I have been reading all the helpful information on this site (thank you) and have decided to go with a fabric TK sectional if we can get it to fit. We live in a narrow 100 year old home in Chicago and need help with sizing (i) for the floorplan; and (ii) to ensure we can get it though the door before ordering remotely.

SIZING FOR ROOM: For the floor plan we need help deciding between 2 pieces (return) and 3 pieces (corner). Given the room is narrow I was thinking of staying below 40" depth so TKTM Standard or TK Cozy Creations with track arm and unattached pillos. Room Dimensions are:
    172 inches - Length of sectional window wall (N) from perpendicular sectional wall (E) to first stair up. 54 inches stairs to first window.
    149 inches - Length of stair wall (W) from all to entry closet to sectional window wall (N).
    309 inches - Total length of East sectional wall.

SIZING FOR ENTRY: Living room is on second floor of home so we have 2 options to bring the pieces up.
    Rear Stairs: Open back staircase to double french door entry to kitchen. Doorway between kitchen and living room is 30.5”w x 83” tall.
    Front Stairs: Double door entry to 38”W staircase (37” at widow frame). Landing in front of entry is 43”W and 102” tall. Door way into living room is 35.5”W and 83” tall.
    The sectional pieces are listed at 38” tall however I am not sure if that includes the removable pills or if legs can be removed.

I can also attached pictures. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floor Plan.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	11643Any assistance is very appreciated!
    Last edited by LincolnParker; 02-23-2019 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Add pictures

Default Re: Help with Taylor King Sizing and Entry Way

Furniture is turned sideways for delivery, so the dimensions of the pieces themselves are not as critical as certain aspects of the furniture itself. What I look at in delivery fitment issues are:

* Overall depth of the piece. Anything deeper than 40" is going to get closer scrutiny.
    * Height is not as much factor except in tight back units. Most cushions come off and they typically stand taller than the frame height.
    * Length can be an issue as it limits turn you can make
    * Arm length. This is often overlooked, but arms that project to the front edge of the sofa can be more difficult to deliver than those that are set back from the front edge.
    * Motion pieces are considerably harder to delivery due to weight.
    * "L" shaped corner segments are easier to deliver vs the "rounded" corner segments.

When doing a sectional, smaller pieces are MUCH easier to deliver than the long extended ones where the corners are built into the sofa. That corner built-in is akin to the one edge jutting out (like "arm length") and can prevent a delivery from getting through a narrow space. When in doubt, go with a separate corner chair piece. This will cost more because the sectional is coming in three pieces instead of two, but its MUCH easier to deliver. I almost insist that customers buy these smaller configurations if they want to take a sectional in basements of up staircases.

In your case, you should be fine however you will want to get the separate corner section because its going up a stairway.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you Duane. Very helpful.

We need to decide between a TKTM love seat, sofa, or TMCC sofa for the window wall. The old owners had a love seat that measures out to the same as the TKTM love seat (picture attached). The TMCC sofa would end midway through the last window. The TKTM sofa would be slightly outside the window frame.

Beyond size is there any significant construction or price difference between the lines? Are you able to upgrade to spring down pillows and use the portfolio fabrics with TMCC? While on vacation in Florida I was able to sit on the TM models and found the standard acceptable (plush was favorite but we don’t have room). The TM and CC have similiar seat size and height so I assume similiar sit feel with the same pillows? Unfortunately none of local stores carry TM on the floor hence why we have moved on line.

I appreciate your assistance helping us narrow the pieces. Once we do I will send you a private message requesting a quote.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DE564C4A-EB94-4655-A722-D7209B4A17B7.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	11649
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EEF15E49-B19D-4A0E-9350-CEE8AA54EB90.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	11648  
    Last edited by LincolnParker; 02-24-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Cozy Creations and Taylor Made are built in the same plant by the same people using the same construction techniques. The only difference between the two lines is Cozy is more compact overall, hence the name. Prices are not different enough to warrant choosing one over the other. My suggestion would be to get the one you will be most comfortable on. A few inches one way or another usually doesn't make much difference in a room.

By "Pillows" I assume you mean seat cushion cores? If so, yes - you can upgrade seats and backs if desired in either line. I personally am a Spring Down Marshall unit guy on fabric sofas, that's what I buy for my home.

I'm a high volume dealer for Taylor King and show more on the floor than most, so I get a little perk from TK and pass it along to my customers. You can have either Spring Down or Catalina Down at no extra charge when buying from my store - just have to request it at time of order. That's a $ 150 freebie on a sofa.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.