Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with room layout?

Default Re: Help with room layout?

What will look best and give you the right layout is the sectional for the big 72" TV going on the wall above the fireplace. That with a cocktail ottoman is just about perfect. The chair opposite is something you can add in at a later date to anchor in the look.

I hear you on the budget struggle. That's something only you can decide upon. I'm going through that myself right now with a mountain bike (laughing). I really want a Pivot Trail 429 or Yeti SB130 but don't want to pay $ 5K + for a bike to beat up in the woods, and the ones that are half that price really don't interest me nearly as much. Aluminum frames....ick! Carbon Fiber is the way to go (think solid maple frames from Hancock and Moore vs the Plywood from Bradington Young and most everyone else). So I get it. I wish H&M sectionals cost less but they simply do not - what can you do?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been busy unpacking and trying to see how the house lives. Had the opportunity to do some couch shopping locally and it kind of scares us a bit in that they sit so differently it is difficult to buy something sight unseen. Tried a Sundance (seems ok) Austin high back (most comfortable but wife nixed the style).

Duane - I know you have a lot of H&M items in store (assuming you have journey/september) but what about TK or BY sectionals? Would love to get an idea of how those sit.

A new wrinkle - room we need this to go in gets about 3 hours of afternoon sun. Slding doors have 95% UV protection and we got quoted for 3M Window film with 99.9. Wife wants to preserve the view, so shades not likely. I'm assuming this nixes natural leathers? Protected or fabric only now?

Thanks!

I don't floor sectionals in my store, they take up too much room and I'd rather have two different sofas to show than one big sectional.

As far as I am concerned - all the premium makers pieces sit well, it's the cheaply made pieces that usually don't. Comfort is so subjective that its really something that's difficult to quantify.

You should be find with that level of UV protection, that's about what I have in my home and I only buy pure aniline leathers for my home.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-29-2019 at 12:53 AM.
    Duane Collie

Have mostly narrowed it down to a L shaped sectional that reclines or not. The reclining looks like this:

https://www.bradington-young.com/sec...formation.aspx

If we did the reclining version, it looks like this:

https://www.leathershoppes.com/bradi...on-series.html

The two leathers we like are Timberland Otter 912500-8 and Empryean Mist 906700-81.

The latter is a creamy color that looks (maybe better) on modern styles? (https://www.bradington-young.com/bra...formation.aspx)
    This is a full size picture of it https://www.bradington-young.com/che...formation.aspx

This is the Tiberland Otter (https://www.bradington-young.com/ite...8&catalog=1746)

Any thoughts about light versus dark... lighter with traditional arms (e.g. the white with the sterling traditional?) Pictures of the room upthread are available. Going bonkers making this decision. My wife gave up a few months ago :P

because your room has dark wood floors and light kitchen cabinets - I would opt for the lighter leathers. Dark leather on dark floors is not really the best look in my opinion.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Items # 229 series, items -57 Loveseat, -68 Wedge, - 84 Sofa. Will measure out appx 96" x 119".
    Hi Duane - running into a little confusion on how to calculate the total width of a potential sectional. I am working from this document (https://www.bradington-young.com/css...Schematics.pdf) where it shows the -68 wedge as having a width of 50.5" to include the little curve. This would mean that with a 221-83 (82" wide) 221-68 (50.5" wide) and 221-58 (56" wide) would be 106.5" x 132.5"?

Yes, your measurements are correct!
    Duane Collie