Thread: Hancock & Moore Westwood

Default Hancock & Moore Westwood

Hello Duane,

Are the Westwood sofa as well as tilt back chair and ottoman available under special pricing programs at this time? Would prefer tilt back with ottoman rather than recliner chair. Thank you.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Westwood

The Westwood series is available in a promotional program:

# 7150 Recliner in Document Latte leather.
    # 6125-3 Sofa in Document Latter leather.

The # 2062 Tilt Back chair and ottoman is not in any of the programs, however I have a floor model in the most excellent pure aniline Boston Red leather that has significant discount on it vs the order price for one.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you for the reply Duane. Don’t think that shade of red will work in our living room unfortunately. We may then be deciding between the “Just In Time” Westwood sofa and recliner in Document Latte verses Sundance in Portfolio Tobacco. There is no store anywhere near us that has these in showroom to check out in person, so wonder which of the two is considered to be most comfortable.

In my opinion the Westwood is one of the most comfortable sofas Hancock and Moore makes. YMMV.
    Duane Collie

Found a store that was a bit of a drive away that carries some H&M items and paid them a visit earlier today. Ruled out the only available Westwood Document Latte (recliner chair) as part of the Just In Time promotion as it appeared too yellowish in person. They had the Sundance sofa in Portfolio Claret and reclincliner in Portfolio Tobacco. Recliner was quite comfortable and leather had a nice feel, but sofa (with ultra down cushions), though attractive in styling, was not so satisfying to sit in for us both. Austin High Back sofa in Viking Tobacco was certainly comfy, but leather did not have supple feel and quite honestly, the styling makes me think of grandparents (no offense to those of advanced years,as we are in our 50’s). So where to go from here? They did not have West End sofa, nor chair (Alberta Harness). The Nordic series looks appealing in photos (Hyde Park Brownie Burnished), though not available at this shop either. How’s the comfort of West End vs Nordic? Unless since updated, JIT promotion only includes Nordic chair, but not recliner nor ottoman. Perhaps we are grappling with “analysis paralysis “, but do absolutely need to purchase new living furniture for our home. Thanks Duane.
    Last edited by tsteph12; 03-04-2019 at 12:12 AM.

The Westwood sofa was designed specifically for folks like you. It gives you the comfort of the Austin High Back, with the style points on the Sundance sofa. In fact, they used the same designer that came up with the very popular Sundance series to do the Westwood. So if you want a blend of the two, that's your sofa.

I have a Nordic sofa in my store (customers like it), as well as an Austin High Back (a perennial favorite), Westwood (in a tilt back chair and ottoman) as well as the Sundance light (model name Redford). I see you are in California so it's definitely not practical to visit my store in the Washington DC area. Most H&M dealers have between 2 to 5 models on the floor because this is an industry focused on price, and customers want to see big sale signs for cheap. I take a different tack and floor usually 50 models of H&M at any given time because they make the best leather upholstery in the country, and when you get to recognize quality, its difficult to go down-tier and be enthusiastic representing it.

West End is nowhere near as popular as the Nordic if that helps. I haven't sold a West End in years, but Nordics do well. The list of Just In Time pieces is current as posted here on the website, note that the West End series is no longer in the program.
    Duane Collie