Thread: Looking for ... power reclining

Default Looking for ... power reclining

Hello... I知 furnishing a living room that I recently renovated that is as I知 finding, not very large and a bit awkward for furnishing, or maybe I知 just not good at interior decorating. I recently purchased a Century LTD7600-3C Sofa that measures 85x38x38. I知 however looking for more seating options, specifically with a power reclining feature. It has to be wall hugger and it has to have power adjustable headrest. Lumbar is not important.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD4608F6-889E-47B1-BCE2-6C666EB5BAA4.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	11707

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61B43675-3FCF-44BE-AE33-E6B587E9409C.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	11708

I have a budget of around $2500. I actually have sat on Southern Motions line of recliner in leather and found it comfortable but can not find anything about their motor or mechanism to determine if it痴 worth the price. I was originally going to move my sofa in front of the window and put two recliner with a table in between them however after measuring the space they won稚 fit. The length of the knee wall is only 135 inches from the wall with the window to the end of the knee wall. The wall with the windo is 176 inches but ideally I壇 like to keep anything placed in front of the window centered on the window. I will be picking up a coffee table, TV stand to handle housing my electronics, and some form of end table for lamps / drinks etc.

Thoughts Southern Motion or on a line that is as comfortable to me or more comfortable then the southern motion but yet quality in my price range in a loveseat?

Thank you.

Default Re: Looking for ... power reclining

I have no hands-on experience with Southern Motion products, but know they built a $ 20 million dollar factory in Mississippi to produce product and that added 600 new jobs, so they are doing well.

Most motors and mechanisms should not be a concern. In my experience if you put a surge protector of at least 1,000 joules on the outlet where you plug it in, and avoid spilling drinks into the activation switch (if located in the seat area) you won't have issues. That solves 98% of all motorized motion furniture issues. Avoid getting in and out of the recliner with the footrest open, and that takes care of most mechanism issues (you would be surprised how many people do that) and avoid putting any twisting motions on the footrest when its open.

$ 2,500 is not a lot for a motion loveseat. I have nothing in my store that is made in the USA at that price point. If you like it, go for it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you for the reply. With all that being said, I’m guessing that the extended warranty to cover the motor for 5 years would be just throwing my money away then. I appreciate the feedback! Just for S&Gs, what wall hugger power love seats that also have power head rests do you have and can you PM me some pricing? Thank you. I’m in area code 17111 if you need to calculate the shipping costs.

I would not buy a warranty on the motor. I've been selling power recliners for over 30 years now and have had only one motor failure in the thousands of units that have come through my store, and that one was a brand new, out-of-the-box recliner that was DOA. 90% of all part failures are the switch that activates the unit, because a drink got spilled into it. Most the other failures are people moving the unit and stepping on the cord, disconnecting the wiring. There are a few people that fail to use a surge protector on the units, get a spike and it fries everything in the system, but even then the motor is usually OK, its the switch/rectifier/transformer that take the hit.

The only items I would have in that budget of $ 2,500 would be the ones from Hooker Furniture, and they are 100% imported from China. Solid kit though, I like them. You can see them on the Hooker website.
    Duane Collie

I understand what I mentioned regarding budget, but ignore what I said about that, please send me a PM of what other brands in leather and a price on each please. Thank you.

Sorry, can't do that - would take hours. You have to identify the models you are interested in that I have access to (Hancock and Moore Your Way Motion, Bradington Young, Hooker) and a cover of some sorts as that has a major factoring into the price.

If you are looking at a reclining loveseat with articulating headrest, in leather, H&M will be roughly $ 6,000-ish, B-Y about $ 4,500ish, Hooker $ 2,000ish. Those are very much guesstimates without knowing specifics + delivery fees
    Duane Collie