Thread: Advice needed on layout/furniture/leather

Threaded View

Default Re: Advice needed on layout/furniture/leather

Hi. I'm replying to your question regarding the Henessey sofa with the cushion not being removable. First off, the sofa is gorgeous!!!! Second, I have 4 cats. The cats have definitely put a few marks on the sofa and recliners with their claws primarily just from jumping up on them. They don't really scratch the leather like they did my fabric couches. I've been able to put either hand lotion or leather conditioner on the scratches, and they basically disappear. However, one of my cats puked on the non-removable cushion of the sofa after I had had it for about a year. It dried before I saw it and cleaned it off. The leather that I have is Hyde Park Brownie which is an aniline leather. It totally took every bit of the color out of the leather right smack dab in the middle of that seat. I was absolutely SICK over it and shed many tears. I worked with the people at Leather Solutions. They got a sample of my leather and did a custom stain for me and detailed instructions of how to fix it. It was scary as could be, but I was able to put the color back in. It's not perfect, but you really can't tell unless you are looking for it. It just sort of looks like part of the burnishing. I also struggled with whether or not to get a sofa with a non-removable cushion. In the end, I went with it because I just loved the look. I'm not sure that I would do that again though with a non-protected leather. I have no option to just send a cushion in for repair. Cats are vomiting machines. I love them, but I could choke the person who dropped off a pregnant cat on me 12 years ago. LOL. Here's a picture of the sofa I just took. It's still stunning. I get sooo many compliments on it, and no one has ever noticed the vomit spot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	henessey_sofa.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	11734
    Last edited by rhondarenee8; 03-28-2019 at 02:59 AM.