Thread: Bunk beds/loft beds

Default Bunk beds/loft beds

Pumpkin is so far adamant that B should sleep in his room. Now even if that only lasts a short while, it's worth a try because we have a 3 bed and the 3rd bedroom is a spare room/study/storage for dh's (vast amounts of) kit. I ha thought to rearrange that room for P as it's bigger and then put B in P's room but if P wants to share...

But the P's room is a small double (you'd be pushed to fit anything else in if you pit a double bed in it...). An because of where the window/radiator/door are it'd be quite tight to fit in a cot and a toddler bed let alone a single. So I was wondering about getting a loft bed for P and putting the cot underneath then, if they like sharing, we can add a bed underneath to make bunkbeds when the time comes and, if not, a desk for P.

But I'm a bit scared about the height! My friends little girl the same age as P sleeps in the top of bunk beds but I'm worried he'll fall out.

Any experiences? P will be nearly 4 by the time this plan goes into action (if it does) and still falls out of bed occasionally.

Default Re: Bunk beds/loft beds

Boy is that post confusing. I am just assuming we talking about kids here sharing a room. That is about all I can get from it. What is Dh's Kit? What is a "small double" room? "P's room is a small double"? Are you talking about fitting a double bed, a cot and a toddler bed in a room? Who is "B"? How old is "B"? Why can't B go in the top bunk if "P" still falls out of bed? A bunk should have rails to prevent falls if a little kid is going to sleep in it. Maybe your friends little girl doesn't have a habit of falling out of bed. Are we supposed to already know about this situation and understand the above? Did you maybe mean to post this in another forum where you had been discussing this previously or in a previous thread here?