Pumpkin is so far adamant that B should sleep in his room. Now even if that only lasts a short while, it's worth a try because we have a 3 bed and the 3rd bedroom is a spare room/study/storage for dh's (vast amounts of) kit. I ha thought to rearrange that room for P as it's bigger and then put B in P's room but if P wants to share...

But the P's room is a small double (you'd be pushed to fit anything else in if you pit a double bed in it...). An because of where the window/radiator/door are it'd be quite tight to fit in a cot and a toddler bed let alone a single. So I was wondering about getting a loft bed for P and putting the cot underneath then, if they like sharing, we can add a bed underneath to make bunkbeds when the time comes and, if not, a desk for P.

But I'm a bit scared about the height! My friends little girl the same age as P sleeps in the top of bunk beds but I'm worried he'll fall out.

Any experiences? P will be nearly 4 by the time this plan goes into action (if it does) and still falls out of bed occasionally.