Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quality Swivel rocker recliner?

Default Re: Quality Swivel rocker recliner?

I kind of look at it this way - if you have to immediately grab a pillow to make the unit usable, then you picked the wrong chair. Having said that, yes, a pillow may help, but also its a function of height and personal preference. If that recliner doesn't work, then there are another fourteen or so nearby to try out as well.

Air and Space Museum on the Mall is being renovated so it has sections closed. Where you REALLY want to go is the Udvar-Hazy unit at Dulles Airport - because that one blows away the downtown one for aviation buffs. Much larger, more airplanes....a lot more.

https://airandspace.si.edu/udvar-hazy-center
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Is it possible to raise the footrest and only partially recline the back? That's generally how I watch TV or read. And thanks for the tip about the Udvar-Hazy. Will take hubby there and turn him loose.

Haven’t been here in a long time, but chair shopping.

I have seen a very large number of angry complaints on Stressless furniture made in the last 10 years. Before then, it was apparently wonderful. Do you have any comment on that?

As I’m now age 74, the wonderful Klein Design Recliner and Rocker chairs, from a small company in Massachusetts, that ships somewhat expensive quality chair type items, in boxes, for consumer assembly, is causing me back pain. They have a strong backward slant. Looking for good den chair that is easy on a senior’s back.
    My wife had to give up her Klein for the same reason. Oh well. Twenty years of fine service. Will probably last another 20.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I think feedback like this is so valuable on a forum, its real-world and so beneficial to those looking to make a purchase. Thanks for sharing.

I walked right by the Comfort Design showroom at Market on Monday (it's halfway between the Bradington-Young and Hancock & Moore showrooms) and almost went inside just out of curiosity, but decided I was running out of time as I stayed longer than expected in the Ekornes Stressless chair showroom and burned my spare hour there. FYI, I really liked that line (Ekornes) and will pick it up if the requirements are eased as to quantity required for the initial buy-in for a dealership. Those are pretty nice-sitting chairs and the build quality is top shelf on them, I would buy one or two for my own home. https://www.stressless.com/en

Hi pstein15, I did see a comfort design chair that had an adjustable lumbar support. It also had an adjustable head support.

What recliners would you recommend besides the Hayden?

The footrest comes up and the back begins its recline movement in one motion, via the power lever.

Recommending recliners is not really something I can do with any degree of success. Everyone has a different look and feel they are going after. I have - right now - approximately (20) different recliner units in the store and there will be people that come in, try them all out and proclaim they are all uncomfortable (???) and look at me as if I can wave a magic wand to pull out the world's most comfortable and best looking recliner of some kind. Myself, I can sit in all (20) of them and they all can work for me except maybe the small Script Recliner from Hancock & Moore which is made for a petite woman. So try them out, look at styles you like and buy in your comfort price range is all I can suggest.

Not concerned in the least of Stressless Ekorns product. I examined the cut-away of their main chair unit and listened to their customer service/warranty story. Without knowing specifics of the complaints I can't address them. In my experience, 90% of all furniture complaints in high-quality product stem from unrealistic consumer expectations in use/durability that are primarily abuse or failure to maintain issues at the core of the complaint.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Just ordered an Ekornes Wing recliner in their new pull up Pioneer leather (grey color) from a local Florida dealer. I ordered it with the new signature base, which swivels and rocks and I really like the way it feels. I have had good luck with a couple of Ekornes products in the past, and don't see a reason why their new products aren't' as well made (they look better to me) than in years past.

Duane, thank you for providing a great informative forum. I just recently found this site, and think it is wonderful.
    Last edited by ChesterFL; 04-23-2019 at 11:24 PM.