Hello,

Been lurking for a bit. Not seen much posted regarding Ekornes and/or Fjord. I'm planning to test several H&M models along with Stressless, Design Comfort and Gamma next weekend but I'm trying to talk myself into not needing a reclining sofa... Stressless seems to have rave reviews regarding lower back support and comfort, something I suffer from due to post-surgery, herniations, etc.

This will be a daily use item, I love recliners so I'm not sure I'd be happy spending this type of cash on a non-recline unit. Having owned Flexsteel and Stanton several times, I'm ready to upgrade as this stuff doesn't seem to last me more than 5yr's.

Are there any other brands I should be looking into regarding lower back support specifically? My wife doesn't like the designs on the Fjord/Stressless but if comfort wins then that outweighs what it looks like in my opinion. Biggest issue with the Ekornes stuff is they seem like it would be uncomfortable to lay across/length-wise due to each seat being designed to "sit" in and not lay across.

Thanks in advance for any insight!