Thread: Leather back pillows

Default Leather back pillows

I am seeing some deflating and wrinkling of the back cushion on the City Sofa I bought. I don't think this is unusual, especially when I tend to sit in the same spot every night. I was wondering if I should be removing the inner cushions on a regular basis to beat them up a bit and fluff them and put them back in, and if this might help them stay fuller longer. I did try and saw feathers flying everywhere, but I didn't see any holes in the fabric. It seemed to help some, but I don't want to loose a lot of feathers over time, either.

Do you know how much an extra outter casing for one end back pillow would cost? I am considering purchasing an extra in case I need it down the road before the Cavaliere Mocha gets discontinued. I am rotating the bottom cushions and I sit with a soft throw over the leather so I am hoping wear won't be as much of an issue there. I have seen more wrinkling in the back cushions than the seats already. The firmer core of the seat cushions probably helps them keep their shape more as well. Also, could i order an extra casing through you or would i have to go back to the original dealer I bought the sofa from?

Thanks!

Default Re: Leather back pillows

You can pull out the inner core an fluff them, they are fiber fill and will respond well to that. If you saw feathers though, that means you have the optional Ultra Down core in the back and it's going to be softer and not as apt to maintain its form factor as fiber fill. A few feathers will always "leak" from the down-proof encasement ticking, but you won't have many come out.

I'd not worry about an extra casing, I never replace them on seat backs unless they are damaged by a cut or misuse - save the money (they are $ 310 each + shipping). The cores themselves have a no charge replacement through your selling dealer to the original owner, however I've never seen any back core sack out in less than ten years use.

Ultra Down Backs are always going to have a relaxed, lived-in look.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you. Are the Ultra Down a layer of down over the base core or are they all down in the backs? Either way, I guess, fluffing would be a good thing.

In the seats, it's a layer of down and feathers over the top of a HR UltraCell Foam core. The mix of down in the channels sewn into the the top is 50% polyester fiber, 50% Down and Feathers.

In the backs its a fill, made of 50% polyester fiber and 50% Down & Feathers (25 % down / 75% feathers)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.