Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess what came today??? My H&M Furniture :-)

Default Guess what came today??? My H&M Furniture :-)

We have been so excited for this day to come, my wife and I thought about buying nice furniture several years back, but other priorities got in the way. This year we decided to start looking into it again, at one point we almost went with Cheap furniture again (THANKFULLY that did not happen!!!). We were dead set on getting the Sundance Sectional, but after I kept doing research (Mostly on this forum) I started looking into other options. At first I think I was just trying to rule out other options to solidify my initial decision of going with the Sundance, after all it is a big purchase and you want to get it right. I did the tape on the floor idea to see how it all fit, but that wasn't enough to really solidify my final decision. Then I decided I would draw it out on graph paper to scale, 4 years ago I designed my Pool/Backyard this way and everyone including my pool builder comments on how good of a job I did with the design. After taking measurements and sketching everything out on Graph paper to ensure the right fit and such we changed our entire vision, the HUGE double sofa Sectional left a big dead spot and did not offer the seating we preferred. Duane deserves much of the credit on this too, he mentioned several times on this forum the drawbacks of a Sectional that I never thought of, one is folks move often enough that you have to be careful because it doesn't fit every home the same (I have moved 4 times in 15 years), and the other is most people like the ends of couches and a Sectional only has 2 of those. Duane was absolutely phenomenal, never pushed me one way or the other, but did give his opinion enough to make sure I did not make a potential mistake I would regret.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to give some of the back story. So what did we end up with??? We ended up with 2 Couches and 2 Loungers, we went with the Rugby series which absolutely fits our Craftsman Style we LOVE. And we went with a 4'x4' ottoman. The great part is one of our preferred leathers is available in Rugby T&C, that made our leather choice easy, we wanted an unprotected leather and the fact Rugby had one in T&C was a huge win for us. So our Rugby furniture is Weston Cane Burnished, Duane asked for it to be on the lighter side when they burnish and it came out Fantastic!!! We sprung a little for the Ottoman, I went with a grade 5 Nile Croc Burnished, Duane also requested that all pieces be burnished together so they complimented each other well. I did not want them to match, but I wanted to make sure the burnishing wasn't totally different, they exceeded my expectations!!!

We are so Happy with this investment!!!

Pictures are below......

THANK YOU SO MUCH Duane!!!

Bill and Lynn
    Last edited by Homer12; 05-21-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Default Re: Guess what came today??? My H&M Furniture :-)

No pictures!

Let me try the pictures again, I actually bought the rug a month or so ago and I wrapped the fireplace in the barn wood for Mothers Day to prepare for the furniture.

As you can tell lighting changes the look of the color significantly.....I was a little worried about the orange tint many pictures online show, 90% of those pictures are taken outside in the sun so I focused on pictures taken inside and it gave me a better idea of what it would end up looking like. Samples honestly do not do much for Burnished, Duane is right about that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0622-2.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	11945   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0625-2.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	205.3 KB 
ID:	11944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0621-2.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	11946   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0620-2.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	11947   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0619-2.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	11948  

Last edited by Homer12; 05-21-2019 at 08:00 PM.

A few more....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0617-2.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	11949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0614-2.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	11950  

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbayguy View Post
    No pictures!
    Finally got them all, I had to adjust so they weren't upside down and such.....

Wow, simply WOW, sofas and chairs look so perfect! I will definitely order the same carpet! The Nile Croc turned to be very impressive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbayguy View Post
    Wow, simply WOW, sofas and chairs look so perfect! I will definitely order the same carpet! The Nile Croc turned to be very impressive as well.
    Thank you so much, the overall layout fits better then I anticipated, I thought it would be tighter, but IMO it fits perfectly. And the Furniture exceeds my expectations, I love all of the natural marks in the leather, we are so happy with the unprotected leather. Now I have to find a few small side tables, I am going to put some rectangle side tables next to each lounger.

It all looks FANTASTIC and I particularly love the ottoman!

Quote Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
    It all looks FANTASTIC and I particularly love the ottoman!
    Thank you so much, stumbling onto this Forum made a huge difference, what a wealth of information!!!!

That is really gorgeous. Congratulations.