Thread: Hancock & Moore # 5783-RIB Adirondack Chair

Default Hancock & Moore # 5783-RIB Adirondack Chair

In Jessica Charles fabric "Jivaro Multi", Belgian Chocolate premium wood finish, welts in Hyde Park Earth Burnished, ribbed leather belt on arms. R&S nail

Stunning chair that looks and feel great. In the store as a floor model with an aggressive price point for this one unit only that was a High Point Market Showroom feature chair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CH1.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	12072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair 3.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	12073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair 2.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	12074
    Last edited by drcollie; 06-28-2019 at 06:19 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 5783-RIB Adirondack Chair

I love this!! Though...gotta be honest, I'm not wild about that fabric; it's a tad on the busy side for me.

But, the lines on this chair, omg!! They're reminiscent of European Art Deco pieces from the 30s, especially that Belgian Chocolate wood finish.

I'm going to go look it up immediately & check out the fabric options available.

Personally, I'd love it in a white, or even a deep juniper/gem toned green velvet to really get that old world glamor look.

It's been so long since I was active on this forum that I've completely forgotten about all the fabric options H&M carries, their Grades, which Grades the velvets are, & if they're a cotton or silk velvet.

Absolutely gorgeous chair!!

That is a very cool statement chair, it’s so unique. Did you know you can also use any Century, Taylor King, Jessica Charles and Highland House fabric on a Hancock and Moore piece and they intergrade with a simple transfer fee between companies. So that means you have thousands to choose from rather than hundreds.
    Duane Collie

I did, just forgot while I was typing my reply. Actually, you have mentioned that several times, if not more on the forum.

Ugh...that is quite a lot of fabrics to go through!! Lol, I just wanna see the velvets 😩

And honestly, I don't really care about them being cotton or silk. Yes, I'm a self professed upholstery snob, & of course I'd love to see this beautiful chair done in a 100% silk Scalamandre velvet...but alas, I live in the real world.

Speaking of H&M's upholstery options; I was just on the site today, looking yet again at the 1942 Bradley chair. THEN, saw they now have a nearly identical chair (the Wellesley, think it's the 6496-1? I posted a thread asking about what the differences are between the 2 in the general furniture questions section.) So, looks like I'll be swinging back around to the site to check out all the velvets.

With pieces like this I'm always tempted to go for a look that's authentic as possible while also keeping it in line with today's look. So, when I look at this chair, I see a swanky London cocktail lounge circa 1934: think Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express...everyone sipping martinis in dinner jackets & evening gowns. I'll be looking for deep, sapphire or very light sky blues, & some olive, or juniper velvets.

This chair would also be drop dead gorgeous in a warm white, or a light cream in leather, like the new Markle series. That light color in that leather with the wood!! 😍

What is the price of the chair?

Sorry, we don't generally quote prices here for H&M on the forum, that's at Hancock and Moore's request. You can ask for a quote in the section listed here on the forum, or send an email to keepingroom@gmail.com. Note this chair is in the store in Alexandria VA as a one-off special , an ordered chair would be more costly.
    Duane Collie