Thread: Hancock & Moore # 6155-3 French Curve Sofa in Hyde Park Cognac Burnished

Default Hancock & Moore # 6155-3 French Curve Sofa in Hyde Park Cognac Burnished

Sometimes - a customer will approach me and ask point-blank "Of all the sofas you carry from all the makers, what would you put in your own home (with my wife's approval)." I can answer that question in about two seconds, it would be this sofa in this leather! So she said "Great, I like it, order it for me". So I did ! And of course, when I unpacked it - I kinda wanted to take it to my house. I like everything about this piece, the sit is fantastic, the back is firm, but not too firm. Seat is great (as is all H&M) and the pitch angles are perfect for what I like. And those that follow the forum, know I love this style arm as its perfect to set an iPad on top of or even drape a leg over, or take a nap on. I'm a huge burnished leather fan as well, its full of natural markings (look at the great fat wrinkles in this one) and I only buy aniline hides for my own use, no finished leathers at the Collie house, sorry. Now, the only thing when I order one of these for myself one day, it will have to have the hand-laced arm detail, because that's cool on the piece. Nails are DD.DDD. One of the finest sofas you will ever come across in my opinion, made by the finest leather upholstery company in the USA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	12083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1004.jpg 
Views:	576 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	12084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1005.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	12085Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1006.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	12086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1007.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	12087
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 6155-3 French Curve Sofa in Hyde Park Cognac Burnished

These "real life" pictures are so incredibly helpful for getting a good idea of what a piece actually looks like.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 6155-3 French Curve Sofa in Hyde Park Cognac Burnished

That's why I put them here in the forum. I have the single largest database of Hancock and Moore photos of anywhere short of the factory. I think these quick and unstaged snapshots are more useful than the professional-taken shots on the company website. I refer back to them all the time in the store as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Yes, the quick and unstaged pictures are so much more useful than the shots on the company website.

I do the same thing when researching hotels on Trip Advisor - pour over the most recent traveler photos.