Thread: Please Help - No Eye For Design

Threaded View

Default Please Help - No Eye For Design

I lack the ability to visualize room and furniture design and am asking for the experts’ advice. I am redecorating a den off the kitchen, primarily used for TV/reading. Room is appr 17’x13.5’. Mostly used by 2 adults (under 5’8’’) and 2 smaller dogs about 12#. We usually do not eat in the room because it opens to kitchen, but cocktails are regularly enjoyed there. I want to keep a navy leather loveseat and a 65” TV. Everything else is up for replacement, starting with a new ‘forever couch.’

Couch. I’m leaning towards the H&M Member 4701 and the Robinson Ottoman 084. Leather choices narrowed to: Capri Harness (GR4), Cameo Tan Burnished (GR3), and Cabrini Toffee (GR2).

1) Do these leathers coordinate with the navy loveseat,

2) How will they fare with an occasional spill or wet paws,

3) I like the feel of the Capri Harness, naturally, but is it little too dark given the small room size,

4) The Cameo Tan Burnished and Cabrini Toffee are lighter to contrast against the navy loveseat, but are they too light or likely to show stains or scratches more (like the transfer of new denim I’ve read about here). Also concerned the burnished leather will not feel as comfortable or be squeaky (as I’ve read about here).

5) What is recommended for wood finish, nail trim and seat filling,

6) What am I overlooking that might make this decision easier (for example, the tariff makes the Cabrini as expensive as the Cameo or Capri)?

Room Layout. My plan is to center the loveseat between 2 windows on the exterior wall and place the couch against a short wall with a wide opening where the kitchen adjoins, so about half of the couch back would float, and face the TV on a (different) TV console. For additional conversational seating, maybe a swivel chair next to TV. Does this layout work for the room?

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Den.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	12261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loveseat.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	12262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sofa Layout.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	12263