Good evening-

Long time reader and first time poster. Lots of great info on this forum.

I have two identical Natuzzi sofas that I purchased from a developer's model home about 13 years ago. I believe the sofas are about 15 or 16 years old. I believe the original purchase price was in the $4,500 range per sofa. (I paid $1,500 for the pair) . The cushions have a down fill. Here's my issue. The back cushions and frame seem solid. The outside bottom cushions are in good condition. The leather shows a little wear on the cushion edges. The middle bottom cushion is deteriorating. The leather is the same as the outside but the fill is rapidly losing its shape. I tend to lay on the sofas more than I sit on them. so the middle cushion takes the most of the weight.

The cushions are all attached with no zippers. I'm getting quotes of $1,000 (over the phone) to repair. The two shops I talked to in Chicago said that they likely have to remove the leather from the whole couch and then restuff. Does this seem reasonable? I definitely received good value from this sofa. I just hate tossing something that might have 5 more years, especially if I eventually take it to my cabin. I've attached a couple pictures. Any thoughts?

John

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1469.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	12273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1468.jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	12274