Thread: HM Yosemite Sofa - Yardley Cognac - Floor Sample Sale

Default HM Yosemite Sofa - Yardley Cognac - Floor Sample Sale

First post on the forum, but I’ve really enjoyed lurking /browsing the site for a few weeks. Thanks for all the helpful info!

We stumbled across a “floor sample sale” on H&M Yosemite in Yardley Cognac for $4,000 while on vacation about 200 miles from home. We could really use a good deal to save some money on this purchase & we’re willing to compromise on leather type/color for the right price. But I also want to make sure it really is a good deal & I’m not missing anything we might regret later.

A few questions/thoughts:
    Is this pricing as good of a deal as it seems? Or could we land pretty close to that price if we ordered on our own?
    Is there anything we should ask or look for on a floor sample?
    We’re a little concerned about buying out-of-town (about 200 miles) with a dealer that has a limited online profile.
    I’ve seen comments here about the Yardley leathers. We liked the color/texture in-person & it seems like any problems there would already be visible since it’s been on the showroom.

Any other feedback/considerations before pulling the trigger on this?

Default Re: HM Yosemite Sofa - Yardley Cognac - Floor Sample Sale

MSRP for Yosemite Sofa is $9,060 in Grade II (Yardley Cognac), so you are looking for 1000*4,000/9,060=44%. Right now there is 5% promotion for H&M (August). So, it's not a very good deal for a floor sample and you can get a brand new Yosemite cheaper this month. Personally, I would go for Grade III. The MSRP price is only $885 more, so it's going to be less than half of that! Or you can get Utopia Sofa in 6042-3 as Just in Time/T&C program in Grade III, MSRP $9,960 at % lower than 44% anytime. Not sure about tax that you have to pay.

Default Re: HM Yosemite Sofa - Yardley Cognac - Floor Sample Sale

Nothing to be concerned about regarding a floor model at all - you will be able to see any wear or tear on it.

Price is just so-so, you're pretty close to the price for factory new one - but if it's in as-new condition its an OK deal if you like the unit and cover. These sofas last 25 + years or longer, so the deal is not hot enough to buy it unless you really like that specific piece. You will have it a long time.

Yardley DOES vary considerably from batch to batch should you decide to order a new unit
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.