Thread: Escape Chair

Question Escape Chair

I am looking to create a conversation area in a front room with either two sofas or a sofa and two chairs. Not sure what I want from the chairs if I went that route other than comfortable, tall enough to rest your head, soft arms, and not visually too bulky... also thinking about two chairs for a coffee area. At any rate, the Escape chair is a contender. I like the look of the Escape chair in both style and comfort lines/contours. Do you have any experience with it and how it sits? I cannot seem to find ANY photos at all of it besides the single dealer photo, and it’s hard to tell relative size that way.

Default Re: Escape Chair

Here are two photos of the Hancock & Moore UL6576-1 Escape chair from their High Point Market Showroom.

Hancock & Moore simply doesn't make chairs that sit poorly, especially in wing chairs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UL6576-1 ESCAPE CHAIR-side.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	12325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room 17-3.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	12326
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I would think the wrap-around tall back might make those too bulky visually and create a bit of a wall in the room. I don't know how you plan to arrange them though, you know best what you are looking for.

I saw your photos and appreciated that. The Escape chair looks a little odd and out of proportion next to such a low, thin sofa... Made me pause a second. I just have really not had a good idea of what I am looking for. I wanted neck support in any furniture I get after our experience with our 34.5” York where we have to slouch way down if we want to rest our head (37” and up??). I really love the look of Wayfair’s chatsworth armchair (just the look). I may just do a nice sleeper sofa in that room now. Maybe a chair also.

Hey, Savannah.

Maybe I missed a post, but did you get rid of your York sofa? It is/was gorgeous with those clean lines and perfect leather!

TXCajun

Hi!!! Long time!! Nooo, our York sectional will be ours for many more years! I now have four children, the oldest is 9 and the youngest is 2... the York sectional is so deep and long that it is great for everyone to sprawl on. In our big family room it is finally getting to float which just tickles me... it just shines so beautifully lined in the nails with the beautiful Tiburon Java leather!!! I need to get a picture posted of it now after I get it conditioned again. We have settled down for a while and have bought this home that has more room than we have furniture. The front room is making me crazy trying to figure out what to do with it! I’ve been racking my brain for months and months. I have other challenging spaces too... good problems to have, I suppose!