I feel like this area of the forum doesn't get as much love as other areas, so I wanted to leave a review of my Royal Pedic mattress. We got a king size Royal Pedic mattress set from Duane at the beginning of 2017.

Backstory: We were sleeping on an expensive Tempur-pedic foam mattress, for about 10 years. That mattress got extremely hot, and while it did have some give that gave the impression of a glove like fit, as it wore out the center began to degrade in such a way that it would force both occupants onto the center making for an even hotter nights sleep (and making it very difficult to exit the bed). While this should have been covered under their proclaimed 20 year warranty, They would not honor it due to a missing document.

Review: I was going to review this bed sooner, but really wanted to live in it for a while. I can't believe this much time has passed. First, let me say that you can feel the quality of this bed. This bed is HEAVY. I flip it, with my wife, every time change. I'm a young guy, and this bed is a beast. That's not a complaint as much as a testament to what you're getting, but you should know what you're getting into with this. The two men from the delivery company struggled to get it up the stairs, a straight stairwell of 12 stairs.

I really love this mattress. It's very supportive and firm (we do not use a topper). The firmness is even throughout, even at the edge of the bed. We had a foam mattress previously and I was afraid we'd hear the springs squeak. I've never heard the bed make a noise. The bed remains a good temperature throughout the night, and I never get too hot when sleeping, which would happen with the foam mattress. The only time my wife complained about the firmness was when we first got it, she said it was too firm. We gave it a couple of weeks to break in, before deciding if we wanted the topper, and she's never brought it up since. We both really like the mattress and get a good nights rest from it even though we both sleep differently. I sleep on my side and back, she sleeps on her side and stomach. I should also mention that this mattress has worked wonders for my back injury, I'm not saying this is a silver bullet, but at least I don't wake up with a sore back, which does happen when I sleep else where. After sleeping on a Royal Pedic staying in a hotel will feel like sleeping in an army cot.

The only con that I can think of happened to my wife when we first got the mattress. She hit her elbow on the buttons used for the tuffs several times. She was a magnet for them. I never had this issue, and she hasn't done it in a long time. I'm not really sure that's a con, but it is a unique feature of the mattress.

I would definitely buy this mattress again, especially from Duane, who made the experience enjoyable and worry free. I had a lot of questions, especially with a purchase of this amount, and he gladly answered them and gave me straight answers and good advice. Thank you again Duane!