Thread: Hancock and Moore #6246-3 Ava Sofa in Tiburon Stone

Default Hancock and Moore #6246-3 Ava Sofa in Tiburon Stone

I recently took delivery of two of these couches, both identical. My initial plan was to purchase a couch from the Just-In-Time line, likely the Ricki. My only reservation was that my wife and I did not like the look of "T" cushions on the seats for our house. I had planned to purchase a grey leather, likely protected to save $$$ and stay within the JIT (was thinking lyric slate) program, but in the back of my mind I really knew I wanted an unprotected leather. I called up Duane to ask his advice on model and leather. As luck would have it, he was aware of 2 Ava sofas that were already built and available for immediate shipment (likely a deal that fell through after construction). The Ava is somewhat similar in style to the Ricki, but does not have any T cushions and has an exposed wood frame. They were in Tiburon Stone, which is similar in color to lyric slate, but is a much higher quality unprotected pull up leather. Because of the circumstances, the couches were discounted which brought them in line price wise to a protected leather from the JIT program. I snatched them up right there!

Very happy with the couches so far. Excited to see how this leather develops over time. I posted this partly to say thanks to Duane, but also because it was very hard when researching H&M couches to find pictures other then the stock ones on the site. Hopefully this helps someone down the line who is considering the Ava sofas. These pictures were taken inside, after sunset, so the grey is a little lighter in natural sunlight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ava1.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	12340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ava2.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	12341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ava3.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	12342

Default Re: Hancock and Moore #6246-3 Ava Sofa in Tiburon Stone

Those looks nice and fit in well with your room. Are you worried about scratches on the floors? One problem I've had with mine sitting on wood like that is they move when people press the back of their legs against them sitting down / standing up. I have some non-slip rubber pads that help although I do have to re-center them every few months.

Thanks. I plan to buy some different feet that are non-slip rubber and nail or screw into the bottom of the leg.

Those came out great and you got a heck of a deal on them. That hide will age beautifully, too.

Don't use nails or screws into the legs, it can cause the legs to split and will void warranty as well. I simply get adhesive felt pads from Home Depot or Lowes and use those, they protect the floor and still make it easy to move the sofas around. You can get a big pack of them for around $ 5.

Thanks again! - Duane
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Yeah I would not use screws either. They do make adhesive ones, even ones with little cups, if you want to be able to move it. If you want it to stay stationary I use ones like these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXKYY0G/

Works pretty well.