Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sectional Recommendations

Default Re: Sectional Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I'm satisfied with the Century quality, they're a big player in the domestic upholstery market so they have to do it right. I've not looked at Ethan Allen is some time, so can't really address that (the last place I go on my days off are other furniture stores to check them out). I have Century Cornerstone on the floor and all their fabrics as a dealer in Alexandria VA - don't know where you live so I can't direct you. Perhaps look at a dealer listing on the Century website?
    Haha I can imagine not wanting to go to another store after work! I’m in St. Louis so I’ll see if locally there’s an example (hopefully). Thanks

Default The perfect, yet elusive, leather sectional

I’ve been searching for about 6 months for the perfect, seemingly, elusive L shaped leather sectional that meets all my criteria AND fits in our very limited space and frankly, I’m tired of searching and ready to give up!
    Requirements:
    1. Clean, straight lines. Nothing bulky and oversized as I can’t afford to lose seating area with big oversized, side cushions up against the arms.
    2. Track arms
    3. Taller tapered legs so a Roomba will fit under it (4-5”).
    4. A bumper chaise that has a full height back until you get to the open ended part.
    5. Budget of $6500.

The dimensions can’t be larger than 116” wide with the smaller part of the L being no more than 90” give or take a few inches either way, essentially a total depth of about 90”.

Lately, I’ve been looking at King Hickory sectionals that can be customized but haven’t really found exactly what I want within the dimensions I need. I did find a Century Leatherstone that meets all my criteria except....the price. I was quoted $9000.🥴

Is a good quality leather sectional that meets all my criteria, truly elusive? Here’s a photo that’s like our current sectional and has the kind of bumper chaise I’m looking for(most of them do not have a full height back). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00FC3098-3A21-486B-9C51-41FE66D529A9.jpeg 
Views:	198 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	12741

Am I looking for something that is truly impossible?
    Thank you.

I can get you into the Century Leatherstone unit you have pictured much closer to your budget in a GR 1 leather. Fill out a request in the Quotes and Orders section here in the forum and include your leather choice and I'll get you an accurate quote. I cannot do price quotes on Century in the public forum.

Duane
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Will do. Thank you!

One other question...on the Century Cornerstone spec sheet, for the 2/3 back cornering sofa (LR7600-84 and LR7600-94)
    it says they are both LHF, which confuses me. Shouldn’t
    LR7600-84 be listed as RHF and LR7600-94 be listed as LHF?
    Thank you.

They appear to be correct in my price book.

LR7600-94 is listed as a RAF 2/3 Back Cornering Sofa
    LR7600-84 is listed as a LAF 2/3 Back Cornering Sofa

RAF refers to the arm on the RIGHT side of the piece as you are facing the unit, as if you were standing in front of it. Sometimes that can be confusing and folks think its as you are sitting on the piece. The industry parlance is always facing the unit.
    Duane Collie

So I guess what’s on the spec sheet is a typo?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60A426C6-DEC6-4626-91A9-616F60981E8F.jpeg 
Views:	177 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	12762

Off for the 2 and 1/2 drive to Oklahoma City to ensure I have the right seat depth/height, leather color and other details correct before ordering. Thank you for all your help! I’m beyond excited to put this search behind me and order from you!! Approximately how long will it take once I order, until it arrives at my house with the white glove delivery? I will have to stop by your store to say hello and personally thank you the next time I’m in Fairfax to visit my daughter. ��

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    They appear to be correct in my price book.

LR7600-94 is listed as a RAF 2/3 Back Cornering Sofa
    LR7600-84 is listed as a LAF 2/3 Back Cornering Sofa

RAF refers to the arm on the RIGHT side of the piece as you are facing the unit, as if you were standing in front of it. Sometimes that can be confusing and folks think its as you are sitting on the piece. The industry parlance is always facing the unit.
    Last edited by KCroc; 02-09-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Yes, that's an RAF unit in the photo.

Generally Century takes 7 weeks to complete a Cornerstone piece, and then 2.5 weeks transit to your area. So 9 to 10 weeks (average) until in your home. If you need leather samples, those I can order and send to you as well. Definitely stop by! I have over fifty pieces of Hancock and Moore on display and am also just three miles from historic Mt Vernon as the crow flies.
    Duane Collie

Is there a G1 leather that’s just a little lighter in color than Grade L1 Bristol Cinder B366LR83, that’s also rated for “heavy usage” like Bristol Cinder is? Bristol Cinder is the perfect warm grey, not too steely of a grey and not too taupe but it’s a bit darker than I would prefer. Thank you.

All the leathers are on the Century website, I would highly suggest you order sample swatches of a few you are interested in. I can get those for you at no charge, just fill out in Quotes and Orders. There is one slightly lighter leather in that series B366LR25
    Duane Collie