Hello everyone,
Long story short... my wife just finished the undergrad, medical school, residency, fellowship marathon and just got her first bonafide doctor job. We have 6 children and we have up until this point only had what I refer to as bachelor furniture from the Scandinavian Austerity Mart (I'll let you guess the company). After a long struggle we are moving to the next chapter in life and closing on a house in about 3 weeks. We need a considerable about of furniture (full house) as we have sold all the "bachelor furniture" and have been living in a fully furnished AirB&B for the past 4 months while looking for a house.

With that out of the way, I'm now looking for "heritage furniture." I'm not sure that term really explains what I'm looking for but by "heritage furniture" I mean furniture that I could gift to my children 30-35 years from now knowing that this furniture will still be in great shape. I have browsed some of the threads in this forum and found out about Hooker Furniture and their lines along with Hancock and Moore for sofa's. I'm sure that some brands can be astronomical, so I won't say money is not an issue, but I'm looking for high quality. I'm not into modern style but also not looking for antiques you would see at an estate sale. We really like, but are not dead set on, the Chesterfield style for sofas but at the same time are potentially concerned with how a tufted style sofa might hold up to the abuse that my 2 and half year old twins can dish out. Definitely needs to be leather.

Can someone much more knowledgeable recommend a couple different brands that fit the above quality and style criteria? We are looking to apply for financing for the furniture (looking to get 0% down for as long as we can) the day we close on the house in about three weeks and make the purchase at that time. So, we are probably behind schedule at this point and a decision needs to made rather quickly.

I would appreciate whatever advise everyone can give.

Thank you.