Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pillow top arms out of style?

Webfeet Guest

Default Re: Pillow top arms out of style?

Duane thank you for the info, and when you get the interior dimensions, please let me know.

Martha,
    We have used pillows for the last 10 years, so we don't need to consider them. We have found that they are terribly uncomfortable. My sister and daughter both have the leather pillow top arms, which we find very comfortable. As, I stated earlier, I like this style and don't care what anyone else thinks about the way it looks. As we know, "what goes around comes around", and it appears that since H&M has rolled out a new pillow top arm recliner, that this style may be making a comeback. Either way, I don't care. Thanks for your input.

Martha2 Guest

It sounds like you gave pillows the ole "college try" and know you don't like them. Since you originally asked about style I just thought I'd offer an alternative. Did not mean to offend in any way. At least you know what you are looking for. It is always a problem for me to narrow down the myriad of choices out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Webfeet View Post
    Duane thank you for the info, and when you get the interior dimensions, please let me know.
    Made a call to H&M and the inside measurements are 19.5" W x 23" Depth. That means you will 'snug' to the pillowtops (most people) just a bit on the thighs, and its actually a bit deeper by an inch or more than most recliners. Because the footrest comes up high on this model (when I 'test drove' it) that extra depth 'pockets' you back into the chair more.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Webfeet Guest

I appreciate your time and answers. I really need the spec page, because it will answer several other questions that I have. I.e., how much room is required to fully extend the recliner. How far away from a wall does it have to be, etc. Can you get a spec page? Thank you, Jan

Sorry Jan, there is no spec page on that or any other new item shown at Market. You've got to wait a few months for all that to come out. Market is a preview of what is to come (and give the dealers an opportunity to order floor stock to coincide with the rollouts) and all the data/material is not yet put together. You should see all the data appear on the web site in about 60 days or so. It might take a bit longer that normal because Tonya, who does the web site and all the H&M point of sale material, just had a baby girl last Friday.

I did sit in that chair and recline it, my estimate is it requires about 9" from the wall. That's the best I can do for you right now.
    Duane Collie

AmishFurnitureHome Guest

Hi, Just a quick side question to go along with this helpful conversation:
    Are the arm-pillows on such chairs like the H&M unit, model # 3015 interchangeable? For instance, if you wear down the pillows or damage them (dog), can they be repaired/switched out easily?

Not really, they're sewn on. No easy fix, they would require a pro upholsterer to repair or restuff.
    Duane Collie