I have always wanted a sofa by Hancock and Moore. We finally did it, much to my utter regret. First, they sent the sofa without the nailhead trim and with flaws in the protected leather. They remade the sofa, and I just received it in June. Already, the finish is wearing off completely where my elbow rests (always in sleeves). Between the place where I purchased (not Duane's store, sadly) and Hancock and Moore themselves, it has been a living nightmare. Hancock and Moore will not return my call. The furniture store will send out a repairman, but what happens when my warranty is out? It will for certain just do the same thing again! Just a warning here; I do not believe that H&M is the product that they used to be. I am sorely disappointed and regret the $8000 purchase. Also, Duane warned me about fly-by-night delivery companies before I purchased, but I simply couldn't afford his delivery charges. Well, he was right! They showed up on first delivery and flat didn't bring the matching recliner! I never received an apology much less any expedited delivery! They called it an "honest" mistake! They told me that they run a truck every 2 weeks before I purchased. Turns out they only run a truck every 4-6 weeks. Think twice from whom you buy and what you buy!