I don't really have a take on Made in Mexico vs Made in China, sorry.

I prefer to support America's economy as best I can, not only in what I personally buy but in what I sell as well. I tend to think we have a pretty good work ethic in the USA and for the most part turn out a decent product, plus it keeps our citizens employed and that's the most important part of it all. Having said that, there are certain things you can't get in the USA any more and makers have to go overseas to source. Like leather hides, the nails and screws that hold it all together, the springs for the suspension, its just not available here any more. So you can't get hung up on that whole "Made in the USA" thing and percentage of content, or you'll make yourself bonkers. For example, even on the most USA-made upholstery company I know of - Hancock and Moore - all the bar stool frames are imported. Why? Cost is why. People already recoil at a barstool costing $ 1,300, if that frame was domestically made it would cost $ 2,300, per each. At a certain point an item has price saturation and is no longer viable, so what they do is import the frames, but they hold their makers to a very high standard. I've never had a frame failure on an H&M bar stool, they are made like tanks - so if it doesn't fail does it really matter where the frame is produced? Maybe it does for those American jobs - but then can you sell it for $ 2,300? I doubt it. See the double-edged sword that the people that run these companies face? You the consumer makes the decisions for them, by voting with your wallet. That's the long and short of it all.