Thread: My challenging front room

Default My challenging front room

Months of thought have passed. Finally zeroing in on wants v needs. We have this weird front room that is open to dr and k (imagine a “Y” flow with the front room being at the bottom and the two branches being wide molded framed doorways (no doors) opening to the K and DR. It’s also missing one wall because the whole side is open to the entry hall. It isn’t large enough to be a very functional family room especially with all the openings. The real family room is really large with a big fireplace and is down the hall where our york sectional is, really detached from the heart of the home. I thought I would make this front room that flows to DR and K a living room/sitting room with 2 sofas... we will have guests who will sit and stare at each other here, I mean converse ... yeah no, no we won’t... it would sit mostly unused like many formal living rooms of days past. What’s strange is this is a new home! Perhaps if we had a piano for a music room or a lot of books for a library, but we just spent 11 years moving around in the military! Guests would likely sit at the adjacent huge dining table to visit over a meal or hang out in the kitchen. I’m going the study route now and think a few built in bookshelves, a small computer desk, and a nice sleeper sofa makes really good sense since we have no guest space or place for our computer. I saw your post about the m3916 taylor king sleeper...any chance we could get our hands on one quick?

As for chairs for the cozy space I had imagined as a keeping/coffee/away space by the kitchen, I think 2 westwood tilt backs in cabrini toffee would be perfect, although I’m sure my husband will steal his right away and put it in the living room!!!

Default Re: My challenging front room

Would you like to post photos of the space for assistance?

I can call in a favor and get that TK Conner unit out the door in three weeks with an in stock cover.
    Last edited by drcollie; 10-18-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.