Thread: Glider for baby feeding

Default Glider for baby feeding

Hi Furniture Experts,

We are expecting our first child and are starting to plan the baby's room. For breastfeeding, a swivel glider seems highly recommended. That said, I can't justify spending $1400 for a leather glider from Pottery Barn Kids! I hate their service, and I know their quality just isn't all there.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a supportive leather swivel glider with high padded arms that would supper her during feedings? I'd like to not break the bank, but would also like a chair that will work well even after the baby has grown up a bit.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Default Re: Glider for baby feeding

Jessica Charles is the top source for swivel rockers and swivel gliders, there are dozens of them on their website in those two categories and they use Hancock & Moore leathers on their pieces (if you want leather). This is USA-made product and will be at higher price points than Pottery Barn.

http://jessicacharles.com/

The best one I can think of for that use would be the Hancock & Moore Gordon unit. It's probably the best I've ever sat in. However, these are not inexpensive and likely to strain the budget for a baby room for a lot of people..

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ghlight=gordon
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hey Duane,
    Will definitely check Jessica Charles out.

Is there anything you can recommend in a decent swivel glider in the $1000-$1500?

I'll eventually buy a nice H&M chair for my office, but I'm thinking that investing >$3k for a chair that a baby will spit up all over may not be the wisest decision

That’s going to be a Chinese import, I’m afraid if done in leather at that price point. The Baby Room chair will be short-lived, no more than a year, so I’d suggest you get a chair with the intent to use it elsewhere and set it up that way, a good chair will still be in use when the baby is graduating high school.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

We did go the Pottery Barn Kids route for ours. We knew it wasn't great quality, but we expected to only need one for less than 5 years anyway. Ours looks like this:

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/prod...2.800048828125

It came as a white slipcover that is washable and we bought it on sale I want to say for $750. I don't think I would want a leather one in our daughter's room, there is a lot of sitting in it with exposed skin and I've never cared for the stickiness of leather with that. Or an expensive one because I know she'll mess it up one day! Our daughter is 3.5 now and we still sit it in every night and do story time before bed.

We paired it with a little hot pink ottoman / storage foldable box from the Container Store that is surprisingly still holding up sturdy today. It is like this one, they have a bunch of different colors:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/sto...uctId=11001212