Thread: Bradington Young Sofa

Default Bradington Young Sofa

Hello. New poster and new member. I came across the forum when I was researching new furniture. I do not have the budget right now to spend $4,000 on the new sofa my family needs, but would like a well made sofa. Today I came across a Bradington Young sofa that appears to be in good shape on Facebook marketplace. The owner says it is 8 years old and rarely used. She is asking $600. Is this a good value? How much more life could I expect to get out of this sofa?

Thank you!
    Last edited by heather5465; 11-18-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Default Re: Bradington Young Sofa

Offer $400 and a quick pickup and enjoy it for however long? How long it will last really depends on how you use it and take care of it (clean/condition/protect), could be 2 years, could be 15 years. Good luck!

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for that information. I'm glad to hear it sounds like there should be plenty of life left in the sofa. I do plan on making sure that the sofa is regularly cleaned/conditioned/protected.

She did send me the attached picture. It is an aniline leather. From my research, it looks like Leather Solutions is highly recommended. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which Leather Solutions kit I should be using? Should I be using the pure aniline kit?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by heather5465 View Post
    Hello. New poster and new member. I came across the forum when I was researching new furniture. I do not have the budget right now to spend $4,000 on the new sofa my family needs, but would like a well made sofa. Today I came across a Bradington Young sofa that appears to be in good shape on Facebook marketplace. The owner says it is 8 years old and rarely used. She is asking $600. Is this a good value? How much more life could I expect to get out of this sofa?

Thank you!

Also, does anyone have an idea of what the retail value of this couch would of been? Does it appear to only be 8 years old? Hopefully that can help me in my negotiations with the owner.

Thank you!