Thread: Anyone own the Smooth #6075 sofa or sectional?

Default Anyone own the Smooth #6075 sofa or sectional?

Hoping someone out there has an H&M Smooth sofa or sectional. Love the clean look. I've only seen the catalog pictures but it'd be nice to see in a room. Would also love to know how it sits. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by caliguy; 12-09-2019 at 05:22 AM.

Default Re: Anyone own the Smooth #6075 sofa or sectional?

I've only seen the Smooth series at the High Point Showroom, it's very minimalist, and sits well from what I recall of it. H&M doesn't really make anything that doesn't sit well, with maybe the exception of a couple of their artsy-wing chairs.

I have checked with H&M's Marketing Director - she has no photos older than 2016, and the Smooth series was introduced in 2014. Sorry.
    Last edited by drcollie; 12-09-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you for the update! Maybe they can take some pictures from their showroom hehe :-) I feel that this model is very under-represented picture-wise :-)

Duane, thanks to your methodical picture taking at the 2014 High Point event, I found some

https://s1217.photobucket.com/user/d...l?sort=3&o=101

Maybe its the artifact of how the picture was taken, but the cushion widths don't look symmetric. Is that just a deceiving picture?

I was using a 28mm wide angle lens camera at that market, it was the camera lens.
    Duane Collie

Still deciding here. I like the look of Smooth, and am now trying to figure out what cushions would work best. I've sat on ultra down cushions on various models in stores, and they all have a slightly different feel. I find the ultra down on the Your Way sectional (as well as an Arrington which happens to be in showrooms) makes things very soft. The standard cushion on an Ava sofa felt nice and supportive but wish I had a little more plush. An ultra down on an H&M Vogue (discontinued, but was on show floor) sofa felt *perfect*. So, I'm trying to figure out how the cushions on a Smooth would feel. Closer to Arrington/Your Way or to what Vogue felt like. There are just too many options and variables :-(

Thanks for all the help Duane!

That's because each frame has different pitch angles, and spring-ups, as well as cushion depth variances. The only way to tell is to try a sofa that has all three cores in it. One seat standard, one seat Extra Firm, and one seat Ultra Down. Except there is only one dealer in the entire country that has a setup like that and it would be The Keeping Room in Alexandria Virginia.
    Duane Collie

I wish I was in your neck of the woods to take advantage of it, but I can't I'm all the way on the other side of the country.

I'm looking to leverage your expertise to give some advice about how the different cushions feel on different frames. You have vast experience with this brand so I'm hopeful you can provide some more guidance there.

This is difficult to quantify, as everyone has different levels of plushness and firmness they want, and it does vary by frame. I think for most people the standard cores are good 70 % of the time. If you think you want maximum plushness, then go with the Ultra Down, just know they won't be as "tight" in form after some use as standard cores and will look more relaxed, which on a unit like the Smooth series is not what most customers want. That design lends itself to a crisp appearance, and as such the standard cores would be my first choice.
    Duane Collie