I've been studying electric cars for a year and a half now, and finally bought one, it's a new adventure. Mine is an Audi, and they partner with Amazon right off their website to come install the 220-50 receptible in your home (pretty much same thing your dryer uses). I was stunned when I saw the charge that Audi/Amazon does to come out and do this. Here's the price for my house $ 4,412.00 !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 8.27.36 AM.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	12598

Wow. There's a lot of fingers in that pie. Ridiculous. I'm comfortable working with electricity and know how to work to code (self-taught) and decided to install my own outlet to the garage, over the objections of my wife who is concerned I would wind up on the basement floor as a smoking corpse! Naww.....I'm careful. Took me four hours and $ 293.00 worth of parts, most of which was 58 feet of 6-3 NB wiring. My install is perfect, and the charger works great. Now I realize many people are not comfortable working in an electrical panel, but there are so many YouTube videos these days you can get up to speed pretty shortly. The point is, don't be so quick to click on Amazon. That price is ridiculous and I would imagine a local electrician would be half the price, or even less. Amazon is not the end all to be all. Be smart and shop wisely.