Thread: Furniture newbie experiencing analysis paralysis in Leather Couch purchase :(

Default Furniture newbie experiencing analysis paralysis in Leather Couch purchase :(

Hello,

I'll cut to the chase. I'm looking for a sofa, with wide track arms, short blocky legs, loose rectangular back cushions (not a T shape), 85-95" long in a protected leather.

An example is the Gallagher Sofa from Leathercraft: Link

or something like the Maxwell from RH (although I wouldn't buy from RH).

Is it unreasonable to think I could get a good quality piece like this in the $3k range? A quick google search shows that Gallagher piece showing up at nearly $6k.

Thanks in advance.

-JP

Default Re: Furniture newbie experiencing analysis paralysis in Leather Couch purchase :(

And it's not that I haven't done research or shopped around a bit....it's just that even within each manufacturer there are soooooo many options. It is very overwhelming and to get all the detail needed to request a single quote took me hours....I'm just hoping I can get some help either narrowing my search range down or telling me my current budget is way too low in which case I'll need to rethink things.

Default Re: Furniture newbie experiencing analysis paralysis in Leather Couch purchase :(

American made, PROPERLY made, you're low on your budget. You can get Chinese import sofas at that price point, however. Leathercraft is a premium maker (I still have two Leathercrafts in my own family room that are coming up on 20 years old) but they won't be at $ 3K.

However, move your budget up to $ 4K and you're possible to get some of the promotional sofas from companies like Hancock and Moore and perhaps Leathercraft in selected deal leathers, from aggressive dealers (before shipping costs). Take a look at these for example:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...ry/16/Your-way

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Time-Promotion

All the manufacturer's prohibit posting prices, so yes, it can take time to get pricing info, and I don't really like to discuss it much here on the forum as it ruffles industry feathers.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you very much. In that case I think I'll start reaching out to dealers to see who has promotions for leather sofas from the better brands and then see if any of those come close to my wishlist.

Hi JP,

"drcollie" who runs this site also has a furniture store with great pricing on those better brands. If you reach out to dealers for quotes, definitely include him as well. Personally, I just placed an order with him for some of the Just in Time Promotion furniture, and it was still price effective despite shipping across the country. Read around the forum though for more information and testimonials. Ultimately the budget question is very personal, so hopefully you can find something while staying in your comfort zone.

Good luck!